Thread: Wheelchair Lacrosse Maryland

Wheelchair Lacrosse Maryland

I am starting a wheelchair lacrosse team in Maryland. I am holding a clinic in July. I am going to set the date by the end of the week. Like us on facebook to help us spread the word.

We are building teams all over the place and are starting to provide competitive venues for the teams. The first being at the Ocean City Lacrosse Classic here in Maryland. Anyone in Md. Interested hit me up.

I would be interested in checking out the clinic. Not sure where you will be holding the clinic in MD, but I am currently residing in Columbia. Played up until I was paralyzed my senior year in high school. My younger brother has played in the OC Lax Classic for the past 5 or so years, it's a good tourny and a pretty crazy time.

Let us know of the details once they become available.

The clinic is either going to be at Kernan Rehab Hospital in Woodlawn or the Freestate Athletic Complex in Whitemarsh. I am looking at Friday July 26th as the likely day. I live in Ocean Pines but figured the best place to have a team is back there. I grew up over there. I will keep you posted and update the fb page as things develop.

Sounds good. The Freestate complex is pretty nice, but either would be cool. Might be able to get more people interested if held at Kernan, could maybe get some of the inpatients/outpatients currently in therapy.

I would be interested in checking it out. Not sure if I'll be able to play with my quad hands, but it looks cool. I also have several sled hockey teammates (in Connecticut and Maine) that are interested.

jrcooke- Yes that is what I am thinking about Kernan. I am working with their RT on this. That us where I did my in-patient stay so I have a good relationship with the therapy staff there. Freestate is really the best venue though. They have a nice roller hockey rink that would be great. Kernan would be free though. Decisions decisions. If you have any friends who might be interested spread the word. We are non discriminatory. AB's are welcome. The sport is fun regardless.

Sledgrl- I wish I could help you up there. I know that WLUSA did a clinic in NY a few weeks ago so there may be a team forming there. I think that quad hands might be an issue. I don't have any experience with that. If you can play tennis or hockey, not sure why you would not be able to play lacrosse though. You have to grab a stick and push in all of them.

I will have much more definitive info by the end of the week.

The Clinic is going to held on Friday July 26, 2013 from 10-4 in at Freestate Athletic Arena located at 5811 Allender Road, Whitemarsh, Maryland 21162.
    Equipment and refreshments will be provided. We will have a limited number of sports chairs but we encourage you to bring your own. The venue is a full sized indoor roller hockey rink so weather is not an issue.

Spread the word.