Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are you?

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth422 View Post
    Where is your pain nikki? Right now my back and shoulder is killing me
    Sorry I didn't reply. I tried to go to bed right after posting.

My pain is almost all from the waist down. I get bad continuous neuropathic pain in my feet and calves, constant muscle spasms in my lower back, and I was just diagnosed with an ulcer so my stomach has been hurting for about two months. I doubt the other problems are going away, but I'm hoping the medication the GI gave me will clear up the ulcer and I can eat without pain.

This is kind of random but does anyone know of a heating pad that will stay on for more than a half hour? I am using it for my back spasm and need it on continuously. It is the only thing that helps. All the ones I have seen turn off automatically so they won't burn you. Whenever I do fall asleep, I wake back up every time the pad turns off because the pain starts to creep back up. my sleep is already terrible enough without this problem. Thanks!
    In our world constituted of differences of all kinds, it is not the disabled, but society at large that needs special education...to become a genuine society for all. -Frederic Major, Former UNESCO Director General

I've had ulcers, the pain definitely got better with treatment. During the worst I'd be doubled over on the floor in pain and threw up everytime I ate. That was back in 2005, and it's never been that bad again.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Morning. Well, that was a nutritious breakfast of coffee and cigarettes, now to hit the shower and head on down for another week of hanging around that dump that I call werk

how is everyone. I am so glad to be off tonight since i have a major headache but the headache could be since i haven't slept today. LOL I don't sleep on my first day off nights if i do i want sleep that night. Ive been shopping for my favorite things online one of which is vera bradley. And ive been planning my vacation to the beach next month. I will be wonderful 9 days 8 nights camping in our RV at the state park. 9 days of camping, shopping, eating, fishing and taking pictures I am so excited.

That is exactly what dispatch jen liked to do too. You two should meet and get together sometime since you are both dispatchers from Alabama.
    You have an amazing amount of things in common. You should check out her old posts.
    I think she left the day before you joined.

I am really sick and tired of you harassing me about someone i DO NOT KNOW.... dang find something else to do. I'm not saying a thing to you to harass you. But you constantly go after me with crap. I can't help that there is another handicap dispatcher in Alabama. You need to stop being so childish and get a life. It's not my fault you don't have a life. Stop picking on me.
    Last edited by elizabeth422; 06-18-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished typing

Yikes-just a friendly suggestion.

Stop the innocent act I'm not buying it.

How do you continue to do the 12hr shifts? It broke me - literally. I could not do that, battle some health complications and look after my condo all on my own ... I still feel bad that I failed.

I worked tens for ten years - not a problem - the 12's were my kryptonite. Now I'm on 8's with accommodated hours (one thing about Canada - we have excellent employment laws for the disabled).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    How do you continue to do the 12hr shifts? It broke me - literally. I could not do that, battle some health complications and look after my condo all on my own ... I still feel bad that I failed.

I worked tens for ten years - not a problem - the 12's were my kryptonite. Now I'm on 8's with accommodated hours (one thing about Canada - we have excellent employment laws for the disabled).
    I really think its because I've always been really active. When I was a kid my entire family always made sure I stayed active. They never let me get by with not doing things at home chores and things. I have never been on disability even as a child. My family made me do chores to earn money for what i wanted. Insurance and my parents always paid for anything medical I needed. My family taught me and never let me think that I am owed anything for being disabled. They have never showed me or told me that I can't do something they never treated my like i was disabled. so now that I am grown I still stay active. I'm not going to lie and say its easy because its not. I have bowel problems, I get tired I go to work hurting and come home hurting. I hurt everyday plus other medical issues but I just push on I don't give up. I not only work a lot of hours but I'm also on call unless I'm out of town and that's means if there is a problem ill have to go in to fix it. Actually I still get calls while I'm out of town I just have to take care of it over the phone. I stay active I push myself to be active no matter what because I know if I stop or even slow down that my abilities will decline and ill get worse off. The more I do the better I do. Just simple things like watering my garden helps me.
    Last edited by elizabeth422; 06-18-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished