Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Suicide

I have neuropathic pain in one leg. ONE LEG. If Ket has it in every limb from the nipples down than I can't say I blame him one bit. My one leg makes me want to rip it off on occasion, I can't even imagine living with that kind of pain.

I totally get it.

I get it as well. I think if a person has explored every medical procedure or therapy and still does not have a quality or life then its there choice.

Bill, I get it too. If life has no joy and no hope, and unceasing pain, there are not many who would NOT make plans for a way away from it. I know this subject is pretty polarized, and I think that's good- because not every person who considers or commits suicide should do so. I feel nobody but the individual and that person's loved ones should have input as to the when. As for how...that is very personal, and I don't think should ever be discussed on this forum.

back on track

seems we are back on track thankfully.

For myself, while a rea and viable option, i have committed to the prialt trial for several more months and continue to look for life options.

I am in a bad way and can't manage much extra. Have some things to post here and some pic for that thread.

Ket

Before my disabling event, I had periodic suicidal thoughts throughout my life when situations seemed horrid and unending. Once as a teen I made a feeble attempt. Not until after my event (at age 52) did I truly get serious enough to make a detailed, viable plan. Because of my many experiences with less serious thoughts in the past, I recognized I should talk with someone before acting. Luckily the first antidepressant I tried worked, and my psychiatrist says many more exist if that one stops working. I'm well out of danger now (4-years after seeking help), and am very glad to be here.

Many techniques helped manage my pain. I tried many over several years. Narcotics were horrible for me. Myofascial massage, physical therapy, anti-depressant, and pain-management psychological training have been the successful ones for me. Currently my pain seems minor, and life is good.

Notes: 1) My pain is not neuropathic. 2) My first wife's grandfather committed suicide in the late '70's, and its' haunted family members ever since. He had been a vibrant law-enforcement officer, and became bedfast because of emphysema in his retirement, so he had 'good' cause, but it still haunts the survivors. 3) One of my best friend's sisters committed suicide in the mid 70's because of chronic pain. She was 20something. We miss her.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 06-21-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

restart

only one answere my question, what would you want said to you, or left for you if this is a foregone conclusion.

Given the option of them not know it was self termination or other complications from your condition, what path would you take, say nothing, leave nothing and expire or

to those I leave behind, I want you all to know you've always shared my darkest hours I'll miss you where I go.

respectfully,

ket

uh this is not my goodbye, I think I would say goodbye here among us

Quote Originally Posted by ketamine kitty View Post
    only one answere my question, what would you want said to you, or left for you if this is a foregone conclusion.

Given the option of them not know it was self termination or other complications from your condition, what path would you take, say nothing, leave nothing and expire or

to those I leave behind, I want you all to know you've always shared my darkest hours I'll miss you where I go.

respectfully,

ket

uh this is not my goodbye, I think I would say goodbye here among us
    I certainly wouldn't want to be put on a guilt trip for hastening the inevitable because my quality of life went to the shits. I don't think much of the people left behind, if they got on with life when you were injured, they'd get on with life without you existing. They'll be masturbating or fucking someone in no time, which means they're likely not thinking of you when doing it. They want to call you selfish for not sticking around, but that's merely because they're thinking of themselves.

It's very difficult, Ket, it's as if being stuck between a rock and a hard place, truly. You don't want to die, but neither do you want to live the life you're living. It's a horrible choice.

Look at it this way: At least you HAVE people to 'splain things to.

8yrs in my condo - dad's visited 3x (once to use the washroom), brother 3x (the one I started speaking to again - 3x in two years which isn't bad at all and he checks on me by text once per week but uses the excuse of sports scores, lol), my sister 3x's in 8yrs. I haven't seen her in over two.

My niece and nephew whom I spoiled as kids have been down once ... and only because I was throwing a huge bbq steak dinner as I won some money.

I can't imagine your pain .. but I'd rather not do it alone, ya know?

I've had almost 3 decades to think about it and I would drive off somewhere to a place I've always wanted to see (for me it's the ocean) and do it that way. (Hoping by the time I get there that I'd change my mind).

Or spend that time fighting for the right to die with dignity paving the way for others ... I certainly hope that option is there for me at the end.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicam14 View Post
    I have neuropathic pain in one leg. ONE LEG. If Ket has it in every limb from the nipples down than I can't say I blame him one bit. My one leg makes me want to rip it off on occasion, I can't even imagine living with that kind of pain.

I totally get it.
    I want to cut my whole body off. Where's a guillotine and a queen to insult when I need one?

Suicide is only an option for those who have the capability to execute that option.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I no longer think about suicide daily, but I'm 13 years post and in my early 30s. I have no illusions that I will age gracefully, barring a significant "cure" in the very near future - which seems unlikely given Wise's decision to go "all-in" on the party trick horse-shit in Kunming. I take comfort in the fact that suicide is out there somewhere, waiting with open arms - like the father in the prodigal son parable - whenever my body starts to call it quits. My family can know or not know. I've accomplished more than most men, and without the use of my legs. And with very little help from my family. I don't fear their judgment, nor do I feel a strong need to shelter them from reality.