Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    are you being facetious? if not, i encourage you to seek help.
    Look how this thread has degenerated into silly quibbling. It started out serious enough but now it's so off track as to be pointless.
    Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

And this isn't a pointless topic. It should never have gotten off track.

This is not something trivial and the aftermath is at best problematic to survivors.

Very, one of my best friends walked in on her husband dying. It was tragic, I understood why he wanted to do it. When we all heard the reasoning we were broken but knowing him, it made sense. Mercifully he did die at the hospital.

preparing family, what would you want said to you. what would you say.

I love you all, I know you want more time with me and I want more time with you; but I’m just not me anymore. Explain why calmly, rationally. If the pain continues to escalate, I would rather go out of this life on my own terms enjoying as much as I can and spending quality time with you. I have not made this decision lightly.
    (they will never comprehend the level of pain, even amongst our own groups we have different levels of pain)
    I gave my mother-in-law two journals when she was diagnosed with advanced colon cancer. I knew she had given up by her manner and actions. I wanted her to write letters in each journal one for her husband one for her son to also be shared with our son. A book of letters, or a journal for you family members to share, reminiscing, recalling, reminding would be good for them. I held on to each memory of my Grandmother and Grandfather with steel claws. Wishing I had more. More, memories, more pictures, more than one letter. Give them their “more” tell them everything good you want them to hold on to.

I hope that this reply helps from a the perspective of a friend sharing loss with a friend; the things she wanted, suffering personal loss and the things I would want said to me, having a chance to say all i never got to say.

I also think that things like this do need to be discussed among friends and those who've suffered a loss share what they held most dear and would want to have and to hold on to from the person leaving this world.
    Last edited by lavenderthistle; 06-18-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Quote Originally Posted by KK11 View Post
    Well , if you attack me cause Im german then thumbs up. I will get over it
    Well, that part was flippant. But why would you ask a father why do you think his children don't visit him? That usually implies something wrong about the father. That's the way I read it.

Had a shitty day.

Let's all pull a Heaven't Gate ending ... I AM JOKING! lol Maybe they'll fund a f*cking cure then ... but I'm more afraid people would just go, "Oh that's too bad," and move on. Surely that would happen. #Off2Bed
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by KK11 View Post
    Francais judged me cause Im german you should rather think about those terms I would suggest but again if it was too insensitive than sorry....
    Es war ein Scherz, du Arschloch.

Quote Originally Posted by ketamine kitty View Post
    " This is core to why I believe that we shouldn't be kicking around opinions that may cost someone their life and bring irreconcilable loss to their survivors. "

to whom? my 8 brothers, not 1 of whom has yet to visit me since my accident approximately 13 years ago but are OK if I come see them?

My 4 kids? 1 of whom shows up once a year? the closest in town never visited me or sat with me during any of the spinal surgery recoveries, visited 2x in the 8-10 times I've been in hospital.

I won't say there will not be loss but really...

and am I to live in agony so they are not inconvenienced?

actually the 2 people who would suffer the most fully expect this to be my end and they understand and have verbally shared this and spoken to me about it in a meaningful way, them being the only ones even remotely engaged anymore..

I have no venom to those who are absent, I'm fucking inconvenient and hard to be around and to watch, but I do not live for them.
    I answer in the following order

My God
    Me
    My Family (when they needed me as infants children etc)
    all else by situation

kindly,

ket
    Ket, if your family members had visited when you had had surgeries and were to visit more frequently now, if they were to include you more in their lives and themselves in your life, would you be less inclined to consider suicide as an option for your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Es war ein Scherz, du Arschloch.
    Dann sag es doch gleich du Vogel

would i change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Ket, if your family members had visited when you had had surgeries and were to visit more frequently now, if they were to include you more in their lives and themselves in your life, would you be less inclined to consider suicide as an option for your life?
    No Todd I would not. But the constant "what about your family " annoys me. Really no venom but they need to live their own lives and should.

This was a very reasonable question based on my post.

I would do it for me. Reguars here know i have tried EVERYTHING with no relif at all. The only thing is an IT baclofen pump tha diminishes the spasms by 50%. Never gone but mostly tolerable. But the central pain, the constant agonozing pain, ...all that i am is all gone. 1 maybe 2 tolerable hours a day. Not a night's sleep in 13-14 years.

No, friend, this is only about me and annoyance with family does not overshadow my love for them or life. I guarantee if I were anyone here' s pet they would put me down out of love, not keep me in this state to satisfy their needs.

Resptfully,

Ket

Quote Originally Posted by ketamine kitty View Post
    No Todd I would not. But the constant "what about your family " annoys me. Really no venom but they need to live their own lives and should.

Ket
    Ket, I know I'm hard to forget, but you must let me go. Love you, mon ami.