Thread: Hello all! Motorcycle accident here

Hello all! Motorcycle accident here

Hey everyone,

I've been viewing these forums for the majority of my recovery and finally decided to register.

My accident was in early April and I broke several vertebrates from T3-T11, and cracked like C7 or something like that. No feeling or movement beneath chest, some other numbness on shoulders and arms due to C7 crack. I just returned home about 3 weeks ago and most things seem to be working pretty well for me.

I do have a few issues however, hopefully whoever reads this may point me in the right direction towards finding answers. First, after my bowel movement, I still have to have my mom help me pull up my underwear and shorts/pants. For some reason I just cannot seem to figure out how to do this on my own. if there are any videos posted on youtube or if you care to explain what works for you that would be great.

My other issue is that I have about $40,000 saved up in a savings account. Unfortunately, I do not have any job lined up and my health insurance deductible is $10,000 per year, so I would like to get on Wisconsin's Medicaid. The only issue is that the maximum amount of money you may have is $2,000 and a house or vehicle. I have a vehicle, but I do not want to buy a house until I find a more permanent job.

Do you have any advice on how to invest this money so I will be eligible for medicaid?

Thanks for listening!
    Tyler

Tyler,

Sorry to hear about your accident but you are in a group where we are all in the same pool. First ***talk to an accountant, preferably one with medicare experience. Don't rely on web advice. There is no substitute for financial professionals and there are serious consequences for bad advice in this area. Just ask Wesley Snipes about his web based tax advice.

Banned
    I'm a C6, I don't wear underwear, but I pull up my pants by rolling side to side and using the belt buckle loops. Be careful though, sometimes they break and you might punch yourself in the face.

Just remember that you are probably eligible for Medicare. It doesn't cover near as much but it's better than nothing.

Sorry I couldn't help more