Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "People pity in others what they fear in themselves"

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Nope, I've dinged up every car just as you described. Except this last one I bought, I sprayed bedliner on the door sill to prevent it getting scratched and dented. Same color as the car, can't even tell it's there unless you're told. It's also good for AB peeps to wipe their feet on before getting in. But the headliner is dirty from the tires, there are scratches on the steering wheel and gearshift, a couple on the passenger side door, etc. I'll live, it ain't a Mercedes, just a Chevy Sonic.
    That's an excellent idea.

Just noticed a ding in the rear door of my VW today, I guess it's from leaning the chair against the car when I get out, gotta be more careful.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

gaw curt, if you got too many cars to drive, I could proly park my well loved twenty year old trucky truck and babysit for a week or two,

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Recently I was at a Mercedes dealer to look at the new 2014 E class cars and they were very rude and were just trying to get me away from the car, like it was too good for me or something.
    Perhaps they had seen this ad on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-E...58684#viTabs_0

Or here in case the ad gets taken down again:

http://dlisted.com/2013/06/12/hot-slut-of-the-day/

LOL!
    "We accept the love we think we deserve." -- The Perks of Being a Wallflower

"Some things in life cannot be fixed. They can only be carried." -- Tim Lawrence

"and Ziggy played guitar!" -- David Bowie

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Perhaps they had seen this ad on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-E...58684#viTabs_0

Or here in case the ad gets taken down again:

http://dlisted.com/2013/06/12/hot-slut-of-the-day/

LOL!

LOL

I've been thinking...if Curt needs room, and doesn't wish to deal with snooty Merc salesgoons...maybe something along the lines of this might be in order? It's a Merc, it's cheep, and it wont look just like every other Merc rolling around out there until that 3 year lease expires...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    LOL

I've been thinking...if Curt needs room, and doesn't wish to deal with snooty Merc salesgoons...maybe something along the lines of this might be in order? It's a Merc, it's cheep, and it wont look just like every other Merc rolling around out there until that 3 year lease expires...
    Nice, I want. I can put my commode chair in there and be all set.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

This is a quote from the great Aristotle and it really makes a lot of sense. After 32 years of SCI I've been trying to put together in a more meaningful way why certain people act so Patronizing or even rude and mad towards those with disabilities. This quote from Aristotle explains a lot. I absolutely loved Philosophy in College and did well with it. I'm seriously thinking about writing a book that relates Philosophy to Disability in hopes of people gaining a better understanding of acceptance, both those disabled and ones around them.

This had really come to light especially recently with a lot of the experiences I've been through in the past. Recently I was at a Mercedes dealer to look at the new 2014 E class cars and they were very rude and were just trying to get me away from the car, like it was too good for me or something. The normal reaction of a salesperson is to try and chase you down and sell you a car, these people were just trying to chase me out the door. On the way out as I was going past the fancy center island where the receptionist sits, the salesman said "be careful don't hit that" I was very tempted to bash into it full speed with my wheelchair when he said that one. Anyhow, this is just one example of the many things I've seen which really told me people were very prejudice against me for being in a wheelchair.

Dealership down here?
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

No, it was actually here in R.I, but they did me a favor though now looking back on it because I found what I wanted used for a far better price and it's exactly what I want, sometimes things have a way of working out for the best I guess. One thing that is going to be really cool with this car is when you take a corner air bladders fill in the seat back on the opposite side of the corner to hold you firmly into the seat, that's gonna help out because I don't have much trunk stability and during high g force cornering it can get a little scary, I'll let ya all know how this works out, sounds like a seat made for a high level injury in a performance car though to me, we will see.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

This thread really veered off the road.

No, it was actually here in R.I, but they did me a favor though now looking back on it because I found what I wanted used for a far better price and it's exactly what I want, sometimes things have a way of working out for the best I guess. One thing that is going to be really cool with this car is when you take a corner air bladders fill in the seat back on the opposite side of the corner to hold you firmly into the seat, that's gonna help out because I don't have much trunk stability and during high g force cornering it can get a little scary, I'll let ya all know how this works out, sounds like a seat made for a high level injury in a performance car though to me, we will see.

Good karma!
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.