Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handbike with a electric assistence.

Handbike with a electric assistence.

The Oracing E-Nat-M has born, is a handbike with electric assistence with 80km of autonomy, of course you can take out the electris assitence every time you want and use it like a normal handbike

You can see a video of it that was going slowly, so imaginate....

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    The Oracing E-Nat-M has born, is a handbike with electric assistence with 80km of autonomy, of course you can take out the electris assitence every time you want and use it like a normal handbike

You can see a video of it that was going slowly, so imaginate....
    very nice. im working with a few customers on these oracing bikes, not the power assist but the racers. I may get one myself next year and do full bike-on quad elite on it.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

There are a few people in our Handcycle group who use the Bionix Electric Assist motors on there's. They can be installed on any Handcycle. They always pass me going up hills without cranking. Very deflating but at least they are out there.

Marathon-sanctioned, I hope.

Eco-speed makes a very nice power assist motor. It is usually mounted as a mid-drive. I've seen one and been very impressed, it seemed superior to the Bionix.

I can't find any pictures of one fitted to a hand cycle, but I know it's been done.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

[QUOTE=totoL1;1707501]The Oracing E-Nat-M has born, is a handbike with electric assistence with 80km of autonomy, of course you can take out the electris assitence every time you want and use it like a normal handbike

You can see a video of it that was going slowly, so imaginate....[/QUOTE
    ]
    If you take the electric assist off I wonder how much harder it is to crank then if you did not have to push the motor along. Guess you take off the batteries but the motor is still there, unless you have a front wheel without a motor on it, that you could change out. I think that most people who have electric assist just always ride with the help of the motor. Would be nice to have it both ways though.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I doubt there is any drag on a brushless hub motor unless maybe it has regenerative braking (recharging the battery). So it's just the weight, but they've picked one with a small diameter unlike mine so it's probably not too bad.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

[QUOTE=flying;1707559]
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post

You can see a video of it that was going slowly, so imaginate....[/QUOTE
    ]
    If you take the electric assist off I wonder how much harder it is to crank then if you did not have to push the motor along. Guess you take off the batteries but the motor is still there, unless you have a front wheel without a motor on it, that you could change out. I think that most people who have electric assist just always ride with the help of the motor. Would be nice to have it both ways though.

If you take the assistence out of course it will be harder to crank compared to a normal handbike, specially going uphills, but in flat surface and downhill you can do it no problem, remember that you have a 9-cassette and a mtb chainrings, so just change your ring and cassette to get the ride softer.

I assume it will be similar then the firefly when the battery is off, i can move the chair with the firefly attached pushing my rims, of course it`s harder because i have to move more weight, but the wheel with the motor dosen`t offer much resistence.

I have told that this handbike with a road chainring plate 53 for example, i good handbiker could reach speeds close to 80km/h in flat.
    Last edited by totoL1; 06-14-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    very nice. im working with a few customers on these oracing bikes, not the power assist but the racers. I may get one myself next year and do full bike-on quad elite on it.
    This toy or other similar (dosen`t need to be Oracing, but i think this is the best one i have seen, and remember they could do it in a race frame too) would be excelent for guys like you, because you could go to mountainous roads and enjoy the sights and scenery, and It would still be a workout for you, because you have a several spinal injury and even with this you have less risk of muscle injury.

Quote Originally Posted by IsMaisin View Post
    Eco-speed makes a very nice power assist motor. It is usually mounted as a mid-drive. I've seen one and been very impressed, it seemed superior to the Bionix.
    Apples :: Oranges comparison, though I agree, EcoSpeed makes a very nice kit.

You need to ride a BionX setup to understand its potential. It offers true assist, not just a throttle button. In other words, it measures the amount of force you put into pedaling, and then multiplies it (the amount is selectable). Conversely, you can put the motor in regenerative mode (amount is also selectable), which serves as a brake (great for long downhills) and simultaneously recharges the battery.