Thread: Anybody go to see the new Star Trek movie yet?

Anybody go to see the new Star Trek movie yet?

It kinda bummed me out because they killed of Captain Christopher Pike right at the begining of the movie. Of course they did though because from the orignal show in the Managerie feature towards the beginning of the run in 1967 he was in a wheelchair and seriously disabled in that funky looking power chair with the red and green lights on the front for "yes and no" Can't have any disabled people in todays movies though, they are only allowed to show all things that cause disability, not the actual disability though because that is taboo and might scare the viewing public and be met with negitive connotations about the movie, pretty sad. They also killed off the disabled Character in the movie Avatar, when not actually killed him off, just converted him into a a/b alien. Darn movies.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Haven't seen the new trek film, but as for Avatar, I'd love to swap into a strong 10 foot alien body... even if my genitalia were connected to my ponytail. lol

Besides, hopefully that far into the future, SCI will no longer exist.

Thanks for the spoiler. haha!

Sorry about the spoiler, lol. I was just so bummed they killed off Capt. Christopher Pike so quick and he was not even disabled when they killed him, it's like they just re wrote the whole thing from the original show. Overall though I did like the movie. I kinda thought though JT Kirk should have been a little more aggressive with the ladies though, it's like he was sexually dead or something. On the original show he was a horny bastard and I guess William Shatner was like that in real life too, maybe that's what has kept him going strong so long, lol. I was kind of hoping for some super high tech wheelchair for Christopher Pike though, but according to this new movie he was never disabled, fact was though he was disabled if you go back to the original show. With most other things though they stuck to the original show, although Spocks Vulcan ears looked a little more plump and where a different shape. I thought too they portrayed Spock as a little too overly emotional, on the original show he was very stoick and I missed the "Illogical" reference, he never said that once in the new movie, maybe he has that word trademarked or something in real life? They could have added a bit more humor too though as they did on the original show.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred