Thread: Kayaks, Canoes & other paddleboats

Kayaks, Canoes & other paddleboats

Here is the seat modification I've done on my Necky - not pretty, but done on the fly(s) and absolutely needed - my tail bone rubbed raw, and the fronts cut off blood supply to my legs.
    Have Leatherman, will modify!

And for Truly here is my 10' Old Town LL Bean with my buddy Bob running it - nice boat!
    Very stable.

Looks good Steve. You know what they say, necessity is the mother of invention, guess they were talking about you. BTW how fast is that short Old Town boat and what did you do for the tail bone part?

I have hacked and whacked a lot of foam trying to keep my maga sore ass from hurting, its a never ending battle. But of course its way important, especially for those who can't feel there butt (O how I envy you) because it would be very ease on a long paddle or bike ride to get a massive sore, that would put you out of the game for quite some time.
    Last edited by flying; 06-11-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Looks good Steve. You know what they say, necessity is the mother of invention, guess they were talking about you. BTW how fast is that short Old Town boat and what did you do for the tail bone part?

I have hacked and whacked a lot of foam trying to keep my maga sore ass from hurting, its a never ending battle. But of course its way important, especially for those who can't feel there butt (O how I envy you) because it would be very ease on a long paddle or bike ride to get a massive sore, that would put you out of the game for quite some time.
    The Old Town is as fast as I need to go..........I mostly fish out of it or run the Verde River, which is downhill
    My necky with the pictured seat is pretty fast, esp. when you get it up to cruising speed.
    Biggest thing is to use old foam, ect so you are not scooting around & moving, as this is the biggie as per causing chafing.
    A pair of padded bike shorts may be pretty rockin' if you are worried about chafing & have no sensation.
    I have seven different paddle boats!