Thread: Quickie GPV titanium 15.5" x 15.5" rigid chair - $350

Quickie GPV titanium 15.5" x 15.5" rigid chair - $350

Here is a titanium Quickie GPV. The seat is 15.5" by 15.5". The backrest folds down and is 9" high. The seat to footrest is currently set to 15" (but is also adjustable.) The wheels are Sun rims with Kik Mako airless tires that have lots of life left. The overall width of the chair is 24.5". However, the axle plates can be moved to the inside of the frame if one wanted to make it a little narrower. It has a set of new scissor brakes that are mounted under the seat frame. The chair also has removable sideguards, but I forgot to put them on before I snapped the pictures. It is a lightweight chair that has a simple proven design.

Shipping for the chair should be less than $50 for anywhere in the lower 48. It may require the use of two boxes (one for the frame and one for the wheels.) I've found that FedEx Ground is the best option for such items. Let me know if you have any questions about it, and thank you for checking it out!

Looks like a great price on the chair.... It looks like the axle plates have been inverted without switching the washers around and therefore inverting the camber. Is that the case or is it just the angle of photo that makes it look like the wheels are towed in at the bottom and wider at the top? I was just curious.... even if that is the case it is all an easy fix to anyone wanting a great price on a very adjustable chair. Also the hardware that holds the side guards on does no appear to be on the chair... I am not in the market for a chair so you really do not have to respond to my comments but I was wondering how much it weighed wheels and all?
    Last edited by djrolling; 06-09-2013 at 09:15 PM.

The plates can actually be run in any orientation. I didn't put any washers under them as I didn't want to set it up with any camber. Having zero camber often gives the illusion that it is actually "negative" camber. Adding some spacers is an easy mod. In my experience, most people want their chair to be as narrow as possible (overall width), so I just set it up accordingly. I could easily add some camber if a buyer so desired.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wheel_Life View Post
    The plates can actually be run in any orientation. I didn't put any washers under them as I didn't want to set it up with any camber. Having zero camber often gives the illusion that it is actually "negative" camber. Adding some spacers is an easy mod. In my experience, most people want their chair to be as narrow as possible (overall width), so I just set it up accordingly. I could easily add some camber if a buyer so desired.
    Yes I knew they could, I have a GPV, it just looked like it had negative camber as you put it and I was just wondering, thanks for the reply....

Have you ever mounted the plates on the inside like you spoke about? I have never done that or heard of that and just thinking about it it seems like if they were done that way the wheel would rub on the frame. I am a little two lazy to try it out to see....

Nice chair, wish I could buy it! Is the back frame and caster housing anodized? Most of the frame looks to be bare, but I noticed those parts look purple.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

GPV's are nice chairs, very adjustable front and rear, just switch out caster size for the front. I'm sitting on one now.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    GPV's are nice chairs, very adjustable front and rear, just switch out caster size for the front. I'm sitting on one now.
    I'm wanting one as my backup chair for that reason. I'd like to experiment with the adjustability. But at the rate I'm going, my current chair will probably end up my backup chair first lol.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    Have you ever mounted the plates on the inside like you spoke about? I have never done that or heard of that and just thinking about it it seems like if they were done that way the wheel would rub on the frame. I am a little two lazy to try it out to see....
    I've mounted the plates on the inside of GPV frames. You just have to move the axle tube/sleeve out far enough to accommodate the offset. It will probably narrow the overall footprint by at least an inch. Sometimes, that extra inch can make or break!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Nice chair, wish I could buy it! Is the back frame and caster housing anodized? Most of the frame looks to be bare, but I noticed those parts look purple.
    The parts are anodized. However, not all anodized coats are created equal. We've all seen brown and purple components (that started out black.) There are a couple places in my town that do ano. One of them does crap work, and the other does an outstanding job. Unfortunately, a lot of our wheelchair parts are run through in a hurry. A good anodized finish will last for a LONG time without fading.

Feel free to make an offer. I'll sell it for cheap.