Thread: Free LASIK Eye Surgery for Quadriplegics

Free LASIK Eye Surgery for Quadriplegics

I have been wearing glasses since I was about 12 or 13 and I've always disliked it so in my early 20's I started wearing contacts. Now with having a C7-C8 spinal cord injury that affects my hands as well, wearing glasses and especially my contacts, mostly for driving at night, is really challenging. Under my new eye insurance, a percentage of lasik eye surgery is covered but I was floored when I found out that my eye physician participated in the Lasik for Quadriplegics program. http://www.maloneyvision.com/why/qua...y-criteria.htm After going to the aforementioned link I found out that I was a candidate for Lasik Eye Surgery. I am scheduled for this procedure on June 22nd and I will tell you all the ins and outs in two weeks. You can also read about free Lasik for Quadriplegics in New Mobility Magazine. http://www.maloneyvision.com/why/mobility2.pdf WISH ME LUCK!

Thanks for sharing! Please let us know about your experience!
    CKF

Quote Originally Posted by fynalefree View Post
    I have been wearing glasses since I was about 12 or 13 and I've always disliked it so in my early 20's I started wearing contacts. Now with having a C7-C8 spinal cord injury that affects my hands as well, wearing glasses and especially my contacts, mostly for driving at night, is really challenging. Under my new eye insurance, a percentage of lasik eye surgery is covered but I was floored when I found out that my eye physician participated in the Lasik for Quadriplegics program. http://www.maloneyvision.com/why/qua...y-criteria.htm After going to the aforementioned link I found out that I was a candidate for Lasik Eye Surgery. I am scheduled for this procedure on June 22nd and I will tell you all the ins and outs in two weeks. You can also read about free Lasik for Quadriplegics in New Mobility Magazine. http://www.maloneyvision.com/why/mobility2.pdf WISH ME LUCK!
    I had the procedure done 7-8 years ago through Focus on Independence. Similar program and I love it. Good luck!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Lasik

There were no participating doctors in New England. So so we eapproached a doctor ourselves who graciously donated her services. Proof of the wonderful comp assionate people we are surrounded by. Sometimes they just don't know how to help. They need to be asked. Don't be afraid to ask you never know what the answer may be......
    From not being able to see the eye chart to 20/20 in minutes. Amazing! Great result!

Quote Originally Posted by new dimension View Post
    There were no participating doctors in New England. So so we eapproached a doctor ourselves who graciously donated her services. Proof of the wonderful comp assionate people we are surrounded by. Sometimes they just don't know how to help. They need to be asked. Don't be afraid to ask you never know what the answer may be......
    From not being able to see the eye chart to 20/20 in minutes. Amazing! FGreat result!
    I'm in Massachusetts, and I'm wondering if you could tell me which Dr. so graciously agreed to help you out.

WOW my wife had it years ago and it has been wonderful for her, it has changed her life. Now at 56 years old I am carrying glasses for reading and computer work everywhere with me and it is a hassle. I have been considering this for the past few years and I live in Nevada so it's only a short drive away. What a wonderful thing for them to be doing to change and simplify our lives. I wish you the best of luck and great 20/20 results, I'm looking forward to your follow up report.
    ^^(A)^^

Is there a list of surgeons and states who participate in the program?

Any help is appreciated.

Anyone

Anyone