Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Program/website to text from computer to phone

I actually have a Google tablet...might have to try this Google voice to see how that works. I am assuming this can be used on-board an Android smartphone also?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I actually have a Google tablet...might have to try this Google voice to see how that works. I am assuming this can be used on-board an Android smartphone also?
    Yeah. My primary number is running through Google Voice; no one knows the number that was assigned through my carrier (including me – I'd have to look it up). GV integrates seamlessly on Android. I haven't tried it on a tablet w/o a cellular connection, but I'd imagine most features work aside from making calls. I bet that Google eventually integrates it w/ their Hangouts app.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Yeah. My primary number is running through Google Voice; no one knows the number that was assigned through my carrier (including me – I'd have to look it up). GV integrates seamlessly on Android. I haven't tried it on a tablet w/o a cellular connection, but I'd imagine most features work aside from making calls. I bet that Google eventually integrates it w/ their Hangouts app.
    Ditto most of this as well. Except I do use the number thats attached to my phone, I use both but my google number is my primary one and my local one for my area. The other is a number I've had for 10 years. When a call comes in there's no way to tell if its coming through your google voice number (if you really wanted to know you could set it up to show your google voice number, but then you wouldn't see the actual number that was calling) and when I call it asks me which number I want to send the call from. You can set up one or the other as default, I'm sure thats what scott did. Since I use both numbers pretty regularly I prefer for it to ask every time.

I do have to click on the google voice app to see my texts, but they pop up in the notifications just the same as regular texts.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.