Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 screen protector

Samsung Galaxy S3 screen protector

Is there one that is better than the rest? With less bubbling? I see Zagg is common, but there are several different options within Zagg.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I have a samsung galaxy exhilirate. I first chose a pack of 5 screen protectors off amazon for a couple dollars, which worked fine but eventually they shrank somehow upon which they no longer stuck to the screen, so I ended up going through all 5. Then I purchased a cheap one off ebay for a dollar something, and so far its still working just fine. I don't think the expensive screen protectors are really much different.

I've never had an issue with bubbles, its more about being careful applying the protector than which protector you use. Lint on the screen when applying is the worst cause, because that bubble can't be pushed out. Those with limited hand function should probably have someone apply the protector for them.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I think no need for a screen protector. Samsung Galaxy S3 has Gorilla Glass. It is tough stuff!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Thanks. Found what I needed!
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

check out iloome, these guys are getting it done.

Ugh. After you get the bubbles all out from under the screen protector there was a final sticker/tab you remove. When I removed the sticker/tab it left a sticky residue on the top of my screen protector. What would I use to get that off?

Did the protector have 2 tabs, one underneath and one on top that said they were to help remove the backing? If so, its the same protector I bought last and had the exact same issue. But when I contacted the seller, they said the protector actually comes as 3 parts, not 2, and that if I only removed the sticker and was left with residue then I hadn't removed the top part off the actual protector part. and sure enough when I took another look at my phone and used my nail at a corner I was able to remove the top sheet off.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Did the protector have 2 tabs, one underneath and one on top that said they were to help remove the backing? If so, its the same protector I bought last and had the exact same issue. But when I contacted the seller, they said the protector actually comes as 3 parts, not 2, and that if I only removed the sticker and was left with residue then I hadn't removed the top part off the actual protector part. and sure enough when I took another look at my phone and used my nail at a corner I was able to remove the top sheet off.
    Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much. I doubted I did anything wrong, but sure enough the top layer came off!
    I was pretty disgusted at what it had done to my phone. The brand is Otterbox and the instructions don't show that step, neither did youtube videos.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I think no need for a screen protector. Samsung Galaxy S3 has Gorilla Glass. It is tough stuff!
    True, but in reviews people complain about scratches. I keep a lot of junk in my purse including keys. I figure it's better to be safe!

I thought this thread was a spambot thread.