Howdy, these questions are for para's, or maybe even quads, who have a full time 8/9-5 job mon-fri.

1. How long have you been working full time?
2. How long did it take between when you were injured and when you went (back) to work, or even if for the first time?
3.What difficulties/challenges did/do you endure, physically with having to put that amount of pressure on your body everyday? And I don't mean things like an accessible workplace, but more of did such "stress" have any impact on your body? or on you?
3b. How did/do you deal with that difficulty?

The reason for these questions is this:

I recently got a job after searching for a long time, and it feels great to be active again, not like I haven't been active since my injury in '01, for I have gone back to uni, run a little business, etc. But nothing as demanding as this new job, which is a 8-5 mon - fri.

So this schedule means me having to wake up initially at 4.30 am, as you all know it takes us 3 or 4 times as much time and energy to do just about anything, eg, get ready for work, but even as early as this was, I still was getting to work some 5/10/15 mins late, so I recently set my alarm to 4am.

Now the thing is for the past 2-3 weeks, I have been waking up with headaches and also going to bed with headaches, and I believe it has to do with waking up that early, cos I think/believe that that I am stressing/'shocking' my body by not giving it enough rest.

And yes it can be argued that I should simply go to bed earlier, as much as I try, it is not always possible. I live alone, so by the time I leave work at 6 pmish (the work never gets done), and get home, and find food to eat, and take a shower, and any other essentials, it is already 9/10 pm. Though I have recently tried forcing myself to do 8pm, and sometimes I have been successful. But still the headaches continue.

And as if to prove my theory that it is the early rising that is the root cause of the headaches, i have recently not had to go to work for a week, and on the very first day of not going to work, I woke up with "almost" no headache, while it eventually came during the day, first, it was not as intense, and I didn't have to take aspirin, which I have been doing for almost 2 weeks almost daily, and secondly, it was not there when I woke up at about 10am or so. And 3 days into the 1 week break, the headaches were still mild, and I for the first time in 2 weeks went about 3 days without aspirin. Which all the more leads me to conclude that it is the waking up so early.

So what am I to do?

Cos if I want to be able to get to work on time, I need to wake up that early, and if I take it slow, it will mean going in late, and that will not go down well with my boss, as he has already indicated.

So I wonder did any of you ever get any "reaction" to having to suddenly start putting your body through such constant stress, and if so, what happened and how did you deal with it?

Cos this is kinda leading me to conclude, tho it is still early days, that just maybe my body will never be able to take the pressures of a full time job or full time whatever, which will mean not being able to be 100% independent, financially especially, which would suck huge.

Thanks for any responses.