Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had success with pain management?

Question Has anyone had success with pain management?

Reading the various posts in this forum, I'm glad to feel not-so-alone in my pain. On the other hand, it's discouraging to read how much we all suffer despite the efforts made. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success in the battle. Are there any mental practices or pharmacological products that have helped you? Even if the relief was not sustained, I would surely like to know what you think makes a difference.

Success is a relative thing. You say you've read a bit on this forum and you've likely found a lot of people talking about gaining some level of relief, but rarely more. It's also common to have some days better than others. I wish you luck in your journey. Share some more about what you have going on specifically and you're likely to get some feedback.

dragon fly - it is discouraging to read the limited 'success' in this forum. Welcome to reality ! I would define pain management success as:
    1. wanting to wake up the next day, greet the day, and do it again.
    2. Being capable of performing some activities without being distracted by pain such as work, exercise, maybe even fun.
    3. Not having pain destroy your relationship with others - family, friends, spouses.
    4. Not going crazy

These are difficult goals, 11 plus years of unrelenting daily pain which can manage your life rather than visa versa. I am still trying to find the right combination of meds for right now to achieve those goals.

Good luck to you !

I have some success with battling pain. I have a dependency to a fentanyl patch too.
    that means withdrawal now and then, also using narcotics means slavery to a schedule, not just using the meds, but getting the script, and filling it every month is somewhat stressful.

I have had some success, in that I can have enough good days, or portions of days, to allow enjoyment of life. I think there are a lot a variables, some you can control and some you cannot. Some people just have pain that cannot be controlled. The others usually are not on the pain forum.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Medical marijuana - in several different forms - works for me.

YMMV
    Jeff
    Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Medical marijuana - in several different forms - works for me.

YMMV
    Jeff
    Jeff, maybe you might kick in with a little advice about what strains you find most useful. Also, what delivery method do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by David Berg View Post
    Jeff, maybe you might kick in with a little advice about what strains you find most useful. Also, what delivery method do you use?
    Smoking some strains can aggravate the pain.
    Avoid strains that cause a big rush like the dopers look for.
    My grower supplies one called "blue dream" comes on mellow.

But generally I avoid the smoking and start the day with some THC tincture in my coffee.
    I've found that the effective dose is below that which causes impairment.

In the evenings or when I get to really hurting - a cookie made with canna butter will always knock down the pain.
    The relief with the cookie does come with some side effects, but they are only temporary.

Jeff
    Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Smoking some strains can aggravate the pain.
    Avoid strains that cause a big rush like the dopers look for.
    My grower supplies one called "blue dream" comes on mellow.

But generally I avoid the smoking and start the day with some THC tincture in my coffee.
    I've found that the effective dose is below that which causes impairment.

In the evenings or when I get to really hurting - a cookie made with canna butter will always knock down the pain.
    The relief with the cookie does come with some side effects, but they are only temporary.

Jeff
    I don't want to hijack this post, but after taking the usual stuff, I switch to medical pot, but am thinking of quiting because I do not want to be high so much, and yes I have some blue dream as well. Maybe smaller doses would help. Maybe experiment more with tinctures, after all with a card I can just go to the store. Without the pot I can not sit very long without extreme pain. The pot is the only drug that works for this problem for me. Well Lyrica worked as well but turned me into a zombie, ten times worse then the pot.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

i'm looking forward to moving to n.m. in the fall for hopefully being able to try medical marijuana. also, my lil sister had an avm rupture recently and it will help both of us being closer to her.