Thread: condom catheter adhesive problem!

condom catheter adhesive problem!

Never posted anything before, so not sure I'm in the right place, but I'm using silicone condom catheter each night, and have SO MUCH TROUBLE getting the adhesive off in the morning! Directions say warm cloth to soften adhesive, then roll the catheter down and off. RIGHT!!?? Skin is so tender and it takes about 15 minutes using Detachol to get the thing off. Using baby oil too, but it's a huge problem. Seems like others just have problem keeping it on...Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Billarnold View Post
    Never posted anything before, so not sure I'm in the right place, but I'm using silicone condom catheter each night, and have SO MUCH TROUBLE getting the adhesive off in the morning! Directions say warm cloth to soften adhesive, then roll the catheter down and off. RIGHT!!?? Skin is so tender and it takes about 15 minutes using Detachol to get the thing off. Using baby oil too, but it's a huge problem. Seems like others just have problem keeping it on...Any ideas?
    Do you use a skin prep sealant before applying the condom catheter? Several companies make a spin prep product that comes either in a spay or in wipes that is applied to the skin and allowed to dry before you apply the condom catheter. The prep product forms a layer of protection between the skin of the penis and the adhesive of the catheter. When the catheter is removed the sealant is removed, not the skin. The warm water soaks are a good idea before trying to remove the catheter.

http://www.healthykin.com/showproduc...FQXZQgodNTkAlA

All the best,
    Gj

Alcohol will remove skin protective barriers like Skin Prep or Cavilon (3M product we use a lot), and this will usually also then release the adhesive, since the adhesive is actually sticking to the barrier instead of directly to the skin. You can put alcohol on a cotton ball if you don't have alcohol pledgets, and squeeze a little alcohol under the edge of the external as you roll it off.

(KLD)

Rochester wide band. awesome. hard to remove in morning.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Trust I. You never want to add water or use those silly non-alcohol removers.

Make your penis hard and roll it off evenly, dry is best although it sounds brutal.

The adhesive on most condom caths are excellent and will stick for two days. If your just looking for a over night alternative and still want the adhesive go with coloplast caths. The Coloplast condom caths have the weakest adhesive(in my experience) and have aloe vera in it.

good luck

I think that the experts have given you some ideas. Let us know if your need more.
    CKF

Quote Originally Posted by Billarnold View Post
    For my husband's care, I use Coloplast condom caths plus skin prep, changed once every 24 hrs. To get them off, I begin with the soapy water around the base; then I wriggle my little finger under the base and gently up the side of the condom, which allows the soapy water under the condom, and then it's usually reasonably easy to roll the condom off.

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions.
    CKf