Thread: RIP, Edith Bunker

RIP, Edith Bunker

Jean Stapleton, an actress best known for creating the role of Edith Bunker in "All in the Family" TV series passed away yesterday.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...p-and-majestic

I always liked her, and saw her in two live plays after AITF was no longer on the air.

(KLD)

NL and I saw her in a one woman performance portraying Juila Child. She appeared in "Bon Appetit," in which she sang a recipe from one of Julia Child's recipe books. We saw the production in San Francisco, but apparently when she performed the show in southern California, Julia Child and her husband Paul saw the production. It was reported that Julia Child said, she only wished she could sing that well. Who knew Jean Stapleton could sing better than she did in the opening of All In The Family?!?!

She was great.

All the best,
    GJ

She may have died but will live for ever because of her role in "All in the Family."
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Eatith and Arrrrrrrchie

Her character was one big bundle of nerves. I liked the character but she wore down your nerves pretty fast. She did a great job with that role though.

It's amazing how different her and Caroll O'Connor were in the other roles they played in their careers.

Maybe we were saps but Bill and I would watch All In the Family together when I came home from lunch when I was still working at the bank !

One of my fondest memories ............ she was one funny lady !!!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I loved her in The Scarecrow and Mrs King. She was a great actress!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    I loved her in The Scarecrow and Mrs King. She was a great actress!
    I forgot she was in that show. But yeah she was great in All in the family.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

"Boy the way Glen Miller played
    Songs that made the hit parade.
    Guys like us we had it made,
    Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
    Girls were girls and men were men,
    Mister we could use a man
    Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
    Everybody pulled his weight.
    Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
    Those were the days."

Been singing this all week, ala Edith Bunker style. She was swell wasn't she! It's sort of like loosing a friend from the past. RIP Jean.