Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No luck on a new tire yet!

We got to the bicycle shop and they had two types of tires that would fit. The only problem, the one I liked they only had one tire.

So we drove to the medical supplier to buy the tires, and were going to come back to the bicycle shop to get them to install them. We get to the medical supply place and the little complex place they are in isn't even WC accessable, no HC parking, no ramp.

I send my sister in to get the tires, and they only take check or cash. I usually don't carry cash and only use my debit card. Luckily I had enough cash to cover the tires, but the morons don't keep cash in the store for making change.

It's back to the bicycle shop to get them installed. I tranfered to a chair while they installed the new tires. They re-used the good tube in the other tire, but I bought a spare to keep on hand. Waly world here doesn't sell a 24x1 3/8 tube. I get back in the chair, but by the time I get to the checkout counter the new tube has gone flat.

It was either a bad tube or he pinched it while installing it, but the guy put a new one in and it held up.

The tires are the same as the ones on my shower chair. The tread is deeper, so it's a little rougher on my hands when pushing without gloves.

I tried those solid tires and found they were very rough. I could feel every bump on the sidewalk. Anyway I went back to the pneumatic.
    I've used solid tires before, I don't like them either. When my new chair comes in, I'm just going to put them on the old wheels, so I don't have to worry about my spares going flat over time.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Glad you found some sort of resolution... just realize there are plenty of online retailers that use this phenomenon called "overnight shipping." This shouldn't have been a week-long issue that stressed you out so much. Next time just call Sportaid or someplace similar & they'll take care of you.

Overnight shipping would have cost more than the tires themselves.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

and easily worth more than the headache you went through.