Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No luck on a new tire yet!

Still riding flat. I couldn't get anyone to give me a ride or even pick the damn things up for me. Looks like I'm stuck at home for a while.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

wow cant you get the mail order to ship the tires and tubes tubes to you with the tools?
    tire changing tools are about 3 bucks
    , not sure if you could do it with your hand function, but there has to be kids in neighborhood , if there is a local bike club in your area, i am sure they would stop by and give you a hand, it only takes a couple minutes, the solid tire requires a special tool

Been using KIK Tires for years. Call them if you want solid tires. Inserts are too mushy.

yo JIM, I HOPE U FIXED YOUR TIRE BY NOW

NOPE, STILL FLAT!

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by jimnms:

NOPE, STILL FLAT!

_____
    dude that is rediculous. u need to put your foot up someones ass. since your 1st post i ordered 4 sets of primo at tires and tubes from my dme, i had them in 2 days ups, i dont get it.

jimnms

If I were around you, I would take you to get them just shows what a uncaring world we live in. Could the bike shop not deliver them to you?

A friend was supposed to take me friday, but aparently something more important came up.

The wheelchair place will deliver them to my house and install them for a service fee of $65! The bicycle shop doesn't deliver, both places are in another town an hour east of me.

My sister could have taken me if I'd know my friend wasn't going to be able to take me. She has to put in two days notice to get off work. We've got a plan though, and I should be going today. I'm going to call my sister's work and tell them that my chair is broken and I need her to take it to get it fixed today or I'll be stuck in bed until after new years. She works for a hospital, but her boss is a bitch.

If I'd known it was going to take this long to go get the damn things that are a short drive away, I would have ordered them online by now.

_____

Damn Jim, what a clusterF. No words of wisdom, just hope you get this resolved to have some Happy Holidays.

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Jimms I tried those solid tires and found they were very rough. I could feel every bump on the sidewalk. Anyway I went back to the pneumatic.
    I used to get tires at the local Home Hardware store a few years ago.Your local hardware will most likely carry the 24x1 3/8.And they are much cheaper. I use the same size. Give them a call. All the best.