Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I have had it. I can't take it any more

I read the title, seen it before, looked under to see who was driven to this point and got a lump in my throat. If anyone told SCI to take a flying fuck, it's you. I admire your accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    11.5 years of unrelenting daily pain - I'm fatigued from the effort of trying different regimens, holding my head up, enduring suffering. No more. I am pharmacologically stamping out pain when it shows up. I am choosing not to suffer anymore. Don't know where this will lead to. No where good likely, but I give up. Good bless those who wish to try to overcome chronic pain. I am just too tired.
    There is no shame in using drugs to alleviate your pain. If you can find a mix of them that allows you to enjoy life then it is not giving up it is choosing to live.

I have no fear of getting "addicted" to drugs, my attitude is I will quit when my pain does.

Good luck man.

I didn't think you were going to OD. I read it to mean you were just going to take more pain meds. I know you have been resistant like alot of us to take enough to help.

I feel for you and you need to do what you have to do to have a quality life. I was once concerned about being addicted and all the hoopla. But quality of life and not being miserable is the most important.

It really does wear you down and even those close to you don't understand. More power to those who can brag that they can live without pain medicine.

I just want to enjoy what I used to and be able to concentrate again.

I hear ya so vent away.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

What can one say but it really sucks, tried morphine yet. What a life, hang in there man, and bitch all you want. Really sorry to hear about your dog, they really are mans best friend, always there with friendly support. Damn losing an old dog (friend) is really a bitch. Hang in there.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Got to do what you got to do! Pain is a unrelenting enemy. We must use whatever is in our arsenal that is effective. I DO! So sorry about the loss of your 4 legged companion. I know that it waved heavy on your heart and mind.

Sorry to hear it's wearing you down so much bud
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    There is no shame in using drugs to alleviate your pain. If you can find a mix of them that allows you to enjoy life then it is not giving up it is choosing to live.

I have no fear of getting "addicted" to drugs, my attitude is I will quit when my pain does.

Good luck man.

Holy shit that was powerful
    I needed to hear that

Struggling with the decision to start taking meds and seeking something to mute the pain

Quote Originally Posted by diaspora View Post
    Holy shit that was powerful
    I needed to hear that

Struggling with the decision to start taking meds and seeking something to mute the pain
    I fought a while myself. It robbed me of being happy around my child, now I am a bit more medicated but my kid is (usually) greeted by a smile from me instead of a grimace. It means the world to me.

Sorry about Jasper.

Yes, they are definitely more than pets. They are family.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    I lost my dog, Jasper, my English Pointer, glorious animal who was more than a pet last week.

But I am not going to OD, I have strong family obligations. This forum is just the last ear that will listen no matter what time of day or night. Loved ones have heard it all before and can only take so much - we have all covered this concept of compassion fatigue before in different threads.

I guess we do have each other and thank you for your response of concern. I am just unable to maintain optimism and view another decade of this wearily.
    Sorry about the loss of Jasper your dog & friend.

Glad you did not OD. Many of us (me too) have been there. Glad you posted on CC! If you feel you need additional help try to seek it out. I had a EA counselor that helped me a lot a few years ago. Cliché I know, but you don't have to do this by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    There is no shame in using drugs to alleviate your pain. If you can find a mix of them that allows you to enjoy life then it iAs not giving up it is choosing to live.

Good luck man.
    I could not agree more with t8burst! I found the drugs that help me get through the day. Call me addicted, I don't give a s*it! What work, works -- and it is so much better for the people around me.