Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: The last few weeks....

  1. #1

    The last few weeks....

    ...I'm just sitting around , trying to find out everything about SCI and spinal cords and possible cures blabla.... I'm tired of this all. Simply cant accept this chair in my life. What do you guys do when you feel like that??

  2. #2
    Senior Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Oregon coast
    Posts
    1,399
    I smoke some medical Marijuana, great for nerve pain as well, then I go do something with a smile on my face. You know its about impossible to change the body,(trust me I'm doing everything I can) so all that you can change is the way you think about life. Yes it sucks big time, but what the hell can you do, but try to more on.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

  3. #3
    Senior Member tooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,555
    stinkin' thinkin' KK. First 2 years is tough. I think the folks here could lend more advice if we knew more about you - age, injury level.

    flying - horrible advice. Smoking dope never helped anyone. I was chronic for 17 years, my SCI is the only thing that got me to stop.

    My best advice is to use CC to find solutions, not look for more problems.

  4. #4
    Senior Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Oregon coast
    Posts
    1,399
    tooley I was not smoking pot pre sci and would not be smoking it now if it wasn't for my injury, but it sure isn't for everyone.

    KK11 Tooley is right about getting to know you. So whats up in Deutschland these days. Do you just like race cars or did you crash one? My wife ran off the Germany to visit her mom and brothers for three weeks leaving me all along. And no I never learned German, the damn words are way to long for this boy. I do know that six in German sounds a lot like sex in English.
    So whats your injury level anyway, you got a women in your life. One thing I know about this new life is that its really easy to get depressed, seems like its always there waiting in the background. Lots of people here take antidepressants, and they do help if you really need them. Keep talking, or writing, it does seem to help to communicate with other people in the same boat. And yes it does get easier over time.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

  5. #5
    Once I got a career underway and married I did not have time to sit around contemplating my navel. lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

    See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    stinkin' thinkin' KK. First 2 years is tough. I think the folks here could lend more advice if we knew more about you - age, injury level.

    flying - horrible advice. Smoking dope never helped anyone. I was chronic for 17 years, my SCI is the only thing that got me to stop.

    My best advice is to use CC to find solutions, not look for more problems.
    Of course....I had a motorcycle accident (which I was not responsible for) in september 2011. My level of injury is T6 and Im an ASIA A.Im 25 years old. My girl run away from me. The only thing I have is money because of the accident and for the fact that I wasnt guilty. But you know what?? I shit on that seriously....just want my life back but I wont get it. Thats reality I guess but its so f%#$£ng hard......

  7. #7
    There's no denying the injury sucks beyond sucking! But, quality of life in a lot of cases can be up to that person. Just IMHO. Long story, but my last 2 years have been the hardest. I could rant for paragraphs the blah, blah...good days, bad days, blah, blah. I don't rant at home; just here. LOL I get tired of it too, keeping up the good attitude, smiling, trying to appear normal, and blend. I get angry when some mystery SCI issue pops up and I miss my Granddaughter run track or a dance recital.

    But, each morning, before I let any dark SCI thoughts into my head, I focus on what might make me smile today. It's always something little, (because I stay home, don't drive), usually helping someone through Facebook - just my cup of tea. I try and help friends promote their cause, products, needs or whatever. I've also learned when setting goals to avoid expectations of my body that i can't control so I don't risk disappointing myself. It's a delicate balance, I'm a long way from mastering the SCI good life, but do at least one thing everyday to move forward.

    So, those are some of my top secret SCI strategies. Maybe you could start with, what makes you smile? Not to be corny, but a smile can be a good start to happy.

    Wishing you better days ahead!


    Quote Originally Posted by KK11 View Post
    ...I'm just sitting around , trying to find out everything about SCI and spinal cords and possible cures blabla.... I'm tired of this all. Simply cant accept this chair in my life. What do you guys do when you feel like that??
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

    "We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlottes Web View Post
    There's no denying the injury sucks beyond sucking! But, quality of life in a lot of cases can be up to that person. Just IMHO. Long story, but my last 2 years have been the hardest. I could rant for paragraphs the blah, blah...good days, bad days, blah, blah. I don't rant at home; just here. LOL I get tired of it too, keeping up the good attitude, smiling, trying to appear normal, and blend. I get angry when some mystery SCI issue pops up and I miss my Granddaughter run track or a dance recital.

    But, each morning, before I let any dark SCI thoughts into my head, I focus on what might make me smile today. It's always something little, (because I stay home, don't drive), usually helping someone through Facebook - just my cup of tea. I try and help friends promote their cause, products, needs or whatever. I've also learned when setting goals to avoid expectations of my body that i can't control so I don't risk disappointing myself. It's a delicate balance, I'm a long way from mastering the SCI good life, but do at least one thing everyday to move forward.

    So, those are some of my top secret SCI strategies. Maybe you could start with, what makes you smile? Not to be corny, but a smile can be a good start to happy.

    Wishing you better days ahead!
    Thanks for your words Charlotte

  9. #9
    Senior Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Oregon coast
    Posts
    1,399
    Have you tried any adaptive sports, like hand cycling, sailing, kayaking, etc. There pretty fun an they get you out of the house into the fresh air. With some of your money you could get a really cool hand cycle, or some other toys to play with. Endorphins really help put a smile on ones face.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Have you tried any adaptive sports, like hand cycling, sailing, kayaking, etc. There pretty fun an they get you out of the house into the fresh air. With some of your money you could get a really cool hand cycle, or some other toys to play with. Endorphins really help put a smile on ones face.
    I want to go for it when Im living in my house. Im just changing my residence right now. I have to get over my depressions....everyday the same &%$§. I also have to look after some people who also have SCI. In my place there are none. Everyone is healthy here except me lol. Ahh just dont know what I should do. Job is gone , girlfriend is gone (my fault) but I have to start somewhere but its so tough. But I think you guys know what I mean

Similar Threads

  1. It's been 12 weeks
    By johnc1 in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 05:53 PM
  2. W2W a few weeks later
    By paolocipolla in forum Cure
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 07:53 AM
  3. Going on hol in 2 weeks
    By knightrider in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •