Thread: I need advice for portable hand controls

Question I need advice for portable hand controls

I am in a situation where I plan to spend several weeks in England. I hope to either rent a car or maybe buy an older car but in any case I will need hand controls. British car companies use lynx controls http://www.lynxcontrols.com/handcont/ but I find them a little weird and am worried about pushing both gas and brake at the same time (although it did not happen once i was used to them)
    What would people recommend for a portable hand control - especially for a right hand drive car?
    Oh yes I am L1 complete

Hey Icarus. I think I have used every model of portable hand controls including tennis rackets, bathroom plungers and a few other hazardous types. I have used the lynx and like you say, okay once you get used to them but quite fatiguing on long drive. My preferred temps are these
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/2710890...Types&var=sbar
    I hope that link works!
    First time I ever had any dilemma with these was on my 2012 Scion. The throttle on some new cars is a one piece injection molded pedal and pedal arm in one making the pedal to thick to get a grip on! That aside, these controls have always felt the safest and easy to use for me. Hope this helps with your search.
    I'm headed to Belgium, Ireland and England this summer and will have mine packed in my carry-on
    Cheers

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I use the sportaid ones on several cars, an atv, and tractors at work, though they are now gonna be in my second car for quite a while. it wouldn't matter where side of the car you drive from.

Ya, those ones listed on ebay are great, they look just like the PHC ones I use which I've had great luck with and are selling at a really good price. I just used mine today to drive my mothers car down to the car dealership to get some work done on it for her.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I use PHC-3 controls too. As already mentioned, you can just flip them for right hand side cars. Not something I would like to use on a "permanent" basis but they work as advertise. You probably won't have any issues considering your level of injury.