Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: those push girls

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    Are on Jeff Probst right now
    Umm sorry, fiesty, I dont know who this Probst dude is, but I am fascinated to know why the admin made you delete your signature though??.

I mean how bad was it?
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Just because a woman puts on makeup or spends a little extra time curling her hair or has on a nice outfit on doesn't mean she doesnt have self acceptance. What a ridiculous thing to say. It's called caring about your appearance and since when is that a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Agree with Zen Biker Teal from "My Gimpy Life" is a much better portrayal of a woman with SCI and SCI life in general at least from the para aspect. Push Girls is just another "reality" show spectacle.
    I fully agree with this too. It's a shame Teal is not on network Television, I'm sure people would fall in love with her and it would really help out our cause as disabled people moreso than push girls do. Don't get me wrong, I like push girls, I'm just not sure how realistic the show show is, it always seemed kinda staged to me. Teal is a realistic down to earth person and her show portrays the real problems we run up against as disabled people in wheelchairs.

Now if only they had not killed off Capt Christopher pike who was disabled in the original star trek series, I can't stop thinking about this, lol.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Why are people comparing My Gimpy Life to Push Girls? They are completely different and on different platforms. One is a comedy and one is a drama. One is on YouTube and one is on TV. No one wants to watch a show where they discuss bowel & bladder all the time or pressure sores or how to pop wheelies or how to do transfers. Lets be serious, all tv is scripted to a certain extent and if there isn't some sort of drama thrown in a show won't make it past its first season. That is just the state of television at the moment. I think maybe people want a show that shows people with disabilities in a pathetic light. To each their own. Obviously I like the show and think they do the best they can in a less than 30 minute timeframe.

Teal is as far from pathetic as you can get, I don't think you've seen her show.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Uhh I didn't say she or her show was pathetic lol I've watched all episodes of her show and like it. I said it seems like people want to see a show on tv that showcases people with a disability in a pathetic light. I guess Push Girls is too "glamorous" for some people.

Come on you guys Glamorous is not so bad. If you have a 100 actors who can all get the job done, is it really so bad to pick out the prettiest ones. So your telling me that if there are 10 women in a restaurant that your going to sneak a peak at the 300 pound girl with warts all over her face, or the nock out with some makeup on, and it doesn't matter if there all in wheelchairs or not. Just trying to add a little reality to this talk of a reality shows.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I'm just glad to see that the show is more about having a normal life than if it were a show about the pitiful disable. I have no problem with them trying to look and act as close to normal as AB ladies their age.

Looks matter cause that's the first thing you notice about someone.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

I like the new season of push girls, the girls look great!
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

I like that Push Girls is out there, and I like that they really were friends before the show (in fact, I met some of them before the show).

I just wish that there were wheelchair users on the show who are not only "car accident" paras ( with the exception of Mia of course). there are so many people who use wheelchairs for so many reasons, including nontraumatic reasons.

They did pick women who are glamorous or trying to lead glamorous lifestyles ( again with the exception of Mia, who seems to have a "regular" job). And all of these women would be considered absolutely gorgeous, whether standing up or sitting down.

I hope in future seasons to see some women who are gorgeous, but not necessarily in the standard definition of beauty. And yes I know that this is an SCI board, but it would be nice to see people who use wheelchairs for reasons other than an SCI.

I feel like the general public knows that a car accident can put you in a wheelchair, but they know so little about the rest of us who do not have a "standard" SCI. In fact, in my case, doctors disagree about whether I technically have an SCI at all.

There is diversity among wheelchair users, the same as any other group, and it would be nice to see more of the "medical" diversity shown on that show.