Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Money

Money

Why does it appear there are so many people on here pissed off about people making money and really pissed off if they are making LOTS of money?

You don't need to limit the discussion to the CC community.

I don't think ppl are pissed off about making money, an honest job making honest money. But ppl who make obscene amounts of money and living an obscenely extravigent and even, dare i say, a decadent life style relative to the majority of the world's population does piss me off!

CEO's, bankers, and many others make money in ways that are borderline if not outright illegal. Not to mention unethical. See the recent news about Apple avoiding taxes, and their senior management getting big bonuses.

I'm all for free enterprise and rewarding high talent and high effort with high pay, but some of the compensation packages for the so-called "masters of the universe" (not to mention the perks) pisses me off in a big way!

So there!

A lot though, I think, like your descriptions, even athletes appear insane, but so much of that has to do with the way MEDIA presented information, Media gets away with telling "1/2" the truth in a twisted way that they still do not get in trouble for. This twist gathers followers both POed and not PO. I was probably in upper class, before accident, but so many different things went into getting there. And I kept moving up the scale where I worked. Hell, 1 year on an airplane every other week to go to clients. No I did not have salary you may be thinking, but was 6-digit. I busted my ass to get there. Worded insane hours and never complained. I did eventually hit jackpot from that effort.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    I was probably in upper class, before accident, but so many different things went into getting there. And I kept moving up the scale where I worked. Hell, 1 year on an airplane every other week to go to clients. No I did not have salary you may be thinking, but was 6-digit. I busted my ass to get there. Worded insane hours and never complained. I did eventually hit jackpot from that effort.

_____

Quote Originally Posted by chris-k View Post
    You don't need to limit the discussion to the CC community.

I don't think ppl are pissed off about making money, an honest job making honest money. But ppl who make obscene amounts of money and living an obscenely extravigent and even, dare i say, a decadent life style relative to the majority of the world's population does piss me off!

CEO's, bankers, and many others make money in ways that are borderline if not outright illegal. Not to mention unethical. See the recent news about Apple avoiding taxes, and their senior management getting big bonuses.

I'm all for free enterprise and rewarding high talent and high effort with high pay, but some of the compensation packages for the so-called "masters of the universe" (not to mention the perks) pisses me off in a big way!

So there!
    When Obama starts collecting a million or more for a 60 minute speech after he retires as president. Are you going to hate him for that?

I don't care if someone has more. I think though people might just be mad they can't make it no matter how hard or honest a person works.

you don't see families running a businesses anymore. It used to be, working did pay off, but It seems not to so much now. You can't pass a family farm or business down now because death taxes eat it up. now, they already got taxes on that money. so now it get's taxed coming an going, and again with death you pay another humongous tax for dying.

that is just one more way people are forced to sell property that has been in families for generations of blood and sweat. granted it was stolen property from the word go, but it isn't like that land or property goes back to the original inhabitants, no, it gets bought by big corporations, or confiscated in a one way or another.

there is a law and a rule to prevent the average, and common people from existing on nearly all front's but slavery, and barely scraping by, However some get by with not paying the same taxes, fines, and fee's that the poor s.o.b's all have to pay.

Some folks don't have to pay this or that, and some do. who? why the people who make the least pay more, get fewer breaks or exceptions in those taxes, fee's, and fines.

people don't resent the rich for no reason, they resent the rich because they work harder even if it is for less, and are required to pay more out of what they make than the people who actually can afford to pay more.

the rich have always stood on the backs of the less wealthy. The working poor.

The only rich people I know, are self made by starting a business, and when you talk to them all they talk about is there business, they eat sleep and breath there work. I though about it but IMO it did not look like any fun, and you really need to be hipper focused. And to some extent, the more stress you have the more money you make, so you have to be able to handle a lot of stress in your life, no thanks I'm still eating so all is good, money wise. The American dream that anyone can make it rich, is kind of true. If you really want to live with that much focus and stress, you can make some cash to, but its not what most people could handle every day, that for sure.
    Last edited by flying; 05-27-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Flying, I know for me I did work insane hours as well as the time of those. I was always under impression I was getting 25 hours out of each day. It was a go and go an go and go and go lifestyle you needed to be able to put up with. Things I am sure had to be sacrificed I am not even aware of. I was on airplanes so many times it was always leave Sunday afternoon,

I still believe what you are saying here. This is kind of sacrifices that are made to do the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    The only rich people I know, are self made by starting a business, and when you talk to them all they talk about is there business, they eat sleep and breath there work. I though about it but IMO it did not look like any fun, and you really need to be hipper focused. And to some extent, the more stress you have the more money you make, so you have to be able to handle a lot of stress in your life, no thanks I'm still eating so all is good, money wise. The American dream that anyone can make it rich, is kind of true. If you really want to live with that much focus and stress, you can make some cash to, but its not what most people could handle every day, that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Flying, I know for me I did work insane hours as well as the time of those. I was always under impression I was getting 25 hours out of each day. It was a go and go an go and go and go lifestyle you needed to be able to put up with. Things I am sure had to be sacrificed I am not even aware of. I was on airplanes so many times it was always leave Sunday afternoon,
    The truly rich learn how to work smart. They let their money do the heavy lifting.

And the answer to your first post. They believe money is the root to all evil.