Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about this shower chair

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    This is a good deal. I'm a quad too and I have that showerchair; Christopher is right it's easy to unlock the armrest and flip back. I use the armrests when I bring my legs/feet up so I can wash them so I wouldn't take off the armrests for that reason.

yep, I was too nice, I should have asked for a chili dog heh heh
    here's a couple pics, I've just used it to hang my sheets over it to dry when raining outside
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    Yup. I'm a c6 and that's my chair.
    Same here. My only problem with the chair is that the brakes get loose quickly. I'm trying to figure a way to fix that, maybe just buying different kinds of brakes for it.

No need for tape like Donno suggested, unless you just don't want the hassle. Personally, I like the armrest being "locked" in the down position as it helps when repositioning in the chair, which I do often.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    You don't use any finger function?
    One thing a lot of quads need to get over, and I mean the mental block, not "oh, just get over it", is that while no finger function sucks big time, there are still millions of things you can do with your hands (one hand even) with no finger function and your tenodesis (wrest extension). You do seem to have a bit of that mental block here, and the way to get past it is to just try to stop thinking "but my fingers don't work" and try things -- try, try, try, try, and try again. It really is a just matter of trial and error to see how you can do things with your hands now, and different people do things different ways. You don't always need two hands.

Trust us, this armrest on the Mariner is not a problem.

Oh, and take Bruce up on his very generous offer!

Bruce!

And like Donno said, if you really don't want to deal with the armrest lock after you get the chair, it's easy to just remove the lock and still have the armrests there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    One thing a lot of quads need to get over, and I mean the mental block, not "oh, just get over it", is that while no finger function sucks big time, there are still millions of things you can do with your hands (one hand even) with no finger function and your tenodesis (wrest extension). You do seem to have a bit of that mental block here, and the way to get past it is to just try to stop thinking "but my fingers don't work" and try things -- try, try, try, try, and try again. It really is a just matter of trial and error to see how you can do things with your hands now, and different people do things different ways. You don't always need two hands.

Trust us, this armrest on the Mariner is not a problem.
    Dude I'm not one of "those" quads or whatever but some things just require finger function. It's just a fact. Or maybe it requires 2 hands if you don't have finger function which would require a tiny bit of core. Just trying to get an idea of the mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    yep, I was too nice, I should have asked for a chili dog heh heh
    here's a couple pics, I've just used it to hang my sheets over it to dry when raining outside

Wow dude thank you? Does It have a seat pad? Are they all the same size? I don't know much. NEver had another chair besides the plastic toilet seat out of rehab

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    Dude I'm not one of "those" quads or whatever but some things just require finger function. It's just a fact. Or maybe it requires 2 hands if you don't have finger function which would require a tiny bit of core. Just trying to get an idea of the mechanics
    Uh... I've been a C-6 quad for almost 23 years, so I get it. I don't know what you mean by 'one of "those" quads', but I wasn't insulting you.

By the way, needing to do some things with two hands doesn't always mean any core is needed, either (I have none); you just have to find balance another way. I'm not saying you can do anything a para can do or anything, just trying to encourage you from my own experience.

But don't worry, it won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Uh... I've been a C-6 quad for almost 23 years, so I get it. I don't know what you mean by 'one of "those" quads', but I wasn't insulting you.

By the way, needing to do some things with two hands doesn't always mean any core is needed, either (I have none); you just have to find balance another way. I'm not saying you can do anything a para can do or anything, just trying to encourage you from my own experience.

But don't worry, it won't happen again.
    I didn't mean to get defensive, its just The beginning of your statement came off like many don't try hard enough and think they can't do something before trying. Sorta seemed like you were throwing me in that group of nay Sayers. So I was like whoooaaa that's not me. And I say dude all the time but when I read it out it sounds kinda pissy.

I wasn't thinking that finger function was the only way I was just wanting someone to either be like oh no way with no dexterity. Or. I have zero dexterity and I can do it. Either one of those responses would have kept me from having to ask another question. Thanks for your encouragement.

Hey Scorpion, take a look at her Facebook page. She's a surfer babe, so that's why she says 'Dude' so much. She's still trying lot's of stuff by the look of it.

Rachelle, way to keep living large.