Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about this shower chair

Question about this shower chair

http://www.usmedicalsupplies.com/mar...heelchair.html

Can I manipulate these arms as a quad? Strong wrists but no finger function. I just don't understand the mechanics of it. Answer is in the manul page 25-26

Blog Entries
    Rachelle, the lock lever works by pushing the top part toward the armrest post to unlock and pull away to unlock. Without finger function, I would use a piece of tape to hold the top of the lever against the post and keep it unlocked. That way, any time you want to get it back out of your way, you can just push it up and back with your arm or wrist, I cannot think of any time you would want to have it locked down.

On my shower chair, I have removed the left armrest completely. That is the side I use to do didg stim, and the other armrest provides all of the support I really need. As a quad, that may not work for you, but the only way to know is to try.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Yup. I'm a c6 and that's my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    Yup. I'm a c6 and that's my chair.
    You don't use any finger function?

Nope. Push the lever located behind the brake in that picture and lift the armrest back. Easy-peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    Nope. Push the lever located behind the brake in that picture and lift the armrest back. Easy-peasy.

Eh idk. I feel like having to use both hands and having to push that armrest back would make me fall forward. I so wish I could try it first!

Blog Entries
    Seriously, there is no need to have that lock. The front of the armrest slips down in to the receiver tube and takes a bit of effort to move it enough it get it free. My current shower chair has a single bar armrest that flips back, and it does not even have a locking mechanism - it just stays in place by gravity, which yours will do with the lock disabled or removed.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    Eh idk. I feel like having to use both hands and having to push that armrest back would make me fall forward. I so wish I could try it first!
    I have a mariner I bought about 5 years back, never used it, you're welcomed to it, I'm about 3 hours east of you.
    but i'll be heading to burlington next saturday probably
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    It only takes one hand. Push and lift.

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    I have a mariner I bought about 5 years back, never used it, you're welcomed to it, I'm about 3 hours east of you.
    but i'll be heading to burlington next saturday probably
    This is a good deal. I'm a quad too and I have that showerchair; Christopher is right it's easy to unlock the armrest and flip back. I use the armrests when I bring my legs/feet up so I can wash them so I wouldn't take off the armrests for that reason.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child