Thread: Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody

Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody

I know there have been several threads started here in regard to Tempur-Pedic mattresses. However, I wanted to know if anyone is using the Tempur-Rhapsody model? I'm trying to decide between it and the Tempur-Weightless.
    Last edited by ResonantEcho; 05-25-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Try them out in a store. Pick whichever one you can move best on. We stayed in a hotel with a Tempurpedic mattress in the room for 4 nights & it was annoying. Super comfy, yes, but it wasn't easy to do much else than sleep once on it. It wasn't too hot, either, which was a pleasant surprise.

We bought a Simmons BeautyRest for Christmas & love it.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Try them out in a store. Pick whichever one you can move best on. We stayed in a hotel with a Tempurpedic mattress in the room for 4 nights & it was annoying. Super comfy, yes, but it wasn't easy to do much else than sleep once on it. It wasn't too hot, either, which was a pleasant surprise.

We bought a Simmons BeautyRest for Christmas & love it.
    That's the problem, Scott. I live an hour+ away from where I can give them a try. I may drop by a place that has them when I go pick my new TiLite TR3 wheelchair up Wednesday. I will be in Dallas then.

The Rhapsody is supposed to be a firmer Tempur-Pedic mattress. That is why I specifically was inquiring about it.

Thanks for the input.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Seriously, go try one out. It's worth a trip before investing a couple grand. We almost bought one, but opted against it after trying almost every model.

If for some reason you do like them, specifically a Tempur-Cloud model, www.bedinabox.com is worth a consideration – they're similar and much less costly.

The one hour (ok, two, both ways) invested in the drive is nothing compared to the hours you are going to be spending in that bed.

Take a pillow. When you get down to a few choices, spend 15 or 20 minutes on each. Remember that memory foam takes a bit to really conform to your body. Try all your favorite sleeping positions out.

The staff will not be laughing at you, they will know you are a serious customer making an important decision.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

I have the Rhapsody, with the adjustable head and foot frame. I love it. I never have any trouble with my skin. I wouldn't describe the bed as hard, but it isn't one that you sink in at all. It does get softer after using it for a while. If you walk on the bed, it takes out all of the areas if you lay in one place regularly. Also, stains never set in. I recommend it! I bought mine in 2006, and it still looks brand-new.

I do not know much about tempurpedic but had a latex mattress I loved and the firmness was just right (after a few exchanges).

Have you considered a select comfort or similar adjustable firmness mattress.

Some mfgs have a memory setting, you could have a super firm for transfers and a memory setting for sleep firmness.

The firmer one is just as comfortable and will support you more during transfers. Also, give it several nights after buying it. If you've never slept on a Tempur-Pedic you may be struck with a bit of buyer's remorse the first night or two, but once you adjust to it, you never want anything else.

I just got the Tempurpedic Rhapsody and it is a comfortable mattress. It also is still firm enough to do transfers from. I did get the adjustable frame so sitting up is much easier. I give it 2 thumbs up.