Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghost town

LadyT, being a native California let me welcome you to the state not that it's much of a state to come to anymore.

Like most of you I've been coming to this website for a while posting my problems, complaints and worries at times doing it so often it's as if it's become an obsession.
    However for the most part my SCI brothers and sisters on here are the only ones who can understand what I'm going through. My poor mother has watched and listened to me suffer and complain to the point where it drives her mad. I know she isn't mad at me just the situation and that nobody's been able to help me. I can't help but feel like a burden if I don't feel like doing something or if I complain.

Don't get me wrong she doesn't make me feel this way it's me and my head it's as f**#ed up any more as my body. Four months ago I was writing a goodbye letter to my loved ones thinking that this summer would be my last. I never finished it knowing I couldn't do that to my family and friends. So I will go on suffering until my time is up and in meantime I'll continue to pray we all find some relief SOON!!!

Thank you ALL for listening to me I just wish you were in a position where you didn't have to. . Take care
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

my suggestion is to try to stop beating up on yourself. as far as meds i take 100mg lyrica 3x day/10mg oxycodone 3x day/. like others have stated, i view it as a maintaining thing. much like i take lisinopril 20mg 1x day for high blood pressure. i do not view any of my med consumption as addiction. what you said about writing letters rang a bell with me. i've also done that. but i've also shared what is in those letters with those concerned simply to try and increase understanding. i'm 3 years out from my accident and i actually am pleased with myself that i've lived through it as much as it sucks. it sorta helps define me. in a way people in our situation are like those who fought and suffered in wars for something they believed in, just a different war. it is one that still challenges your will and spirit though. good luck.

CP, meds are idiosyncratic, especially Lyrica which can increase pain and cause suicidal depression. I've posted elsewhere about our near disaster with Lyrica.
    I assume you have tried massage etc. Aqua therapy could help and you don't have to go to a facility to use it.
    Also, yes you should try to stop beating yourself up. What you are enduring is heroic and worthy of admiration. Psychic pain is going to intensify the physical.

I think alot of it is the weather, people perk up when the weathers nicer and not stuck indoors
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan