Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why do I need an icon??

Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    What are the differences between A1 and A2?
    A1: real
    A2: mythical (at the time of this post)

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I love the idea of Dynamic Wheeled Mobility. There are a lot of potential good uses for it, especially with people who have day-to-day changing needs along with environment and use needs.
    Me too, and it fits my needs a lot better than standard chairs. I had a similar experience as yours, when my Dr asked me to consider using a wheelchair once I finally acquiesced I made up a list in my head of what I'd need... And then found out it mostly didn't exist. The way the back of the Icon works is exactly what I needed, but I came close with my Q7 and Jay3 and had better results than I expected. Also a big issue was the front end with my knee, and I didn't understand all the options prior to ordering my chair (such as getting +1 with 85 degree frame, as opposed to the 75 degree I ordered.) I got mostly there with the front frame, reversed foot plate, and constantly changing up my leg position and knee angle. But telescoping front end would have solved that... And my needs continue to fluctuate in this manner because my disease is progressive, so things are constantly changing. My disease has an incredible range in severity, but there are many of us in wheelchairs so I'm not alone*. But as a rare disorder, we don't mean a whole lot to manufacturers I'm sure.

*Not even alone on this forum, I was surprised at the amount of other EDS members there are. But then again not so much, since this is the best resource for wheelchairs. So we probably all found our way here in a similar manner.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.