Thread: For anyone looking to hit the gym but don't think their paralysis will allow it

For anyone looking to hit the gym but don't think their paralysis will allow it

This guy doesn't have an SCI but I think we can all relate at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItgeWUeQ_4

Some gyms will offer discounts on memberships to the disabled. It never hurts to ask.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Quote Originally Posted by IsMaisin View Post
    Some gyms will offer discounts on memberships to the disabled. It never hurts to ask.
    I have been hurt 27 yrs and been working out for 24yrs and doing personal training for 4yrs and I have never heard of that!

I would never of asked simply because I have never used my disability to get something that a AB person cant get..except parking (:

Quote Originally Posted by crash86 View Post
    I have been hurt 27 yrs and been working out for 24yrs and doing personal training for 4yrs and I have never heard of that!

I would never of asked simply because I have never used my disability to get something that a AB person cant get..except parking (:
    I did ask not because I wanted something for free but because so much of the gym was treadmills, stair climbers and other features I cannot use so they gave me 30% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoski View Post
    I did ask not because I wanted something for free but because so much of the gym was treadmills, stair climbers and other features I cannot use so they gave me 30% off.
    great job on the discount. I guess asking doesn't hurt our gym has the treadmills and cardio but has a huge selection of free weights and hammer strength equipment. I took my own stationary hand crank bike down for my cardio so I use it there..it broke and they even paid for the repairs.

I have been inspired to ask about disability discounts at my local gym!