Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay

Ebay

Do you guys often buy items from countries such as Korea? I found this great school bag from Korea and I want to buy it, but I'm wondering how long does it take before you get your item. Anyone buy from out of the country?
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

There's a fellow I buy replacement blades for my electric shaver from, he's in Korea. It takes a long time, at least a couple of weeks but it could be longer. Haven't had a bad experience though. I will not buy anything from China or Hong Kong, I have been ripped off there.

I bought an intricate wood carving from Indonesia a few years ago for about $70-80. The seller had a long, positive history with Ebay, so I felt confident. It took about two weeks to ship and came just as described. Since then I haven't purchased anything else, but I would do it again. Just be careful to check out the seller history, and consider how much you are spending in case you take a loss.
    In our world constituted of differences of all kinds, it is not the disabled, but society at large that needs special education...to become a genuine society for all. -Frederic Major, Former UNESCO Director General

I have purchased a violin and some other kind of stringed instrument. You pay a lot for shipping. like 65 bucks for a three pound package.
    one took two months, the other took ten days.

both from ebay, so it depends on the people shipping the item.
    I got the item I expected. I have ordered backpacks from a store that gets everything from Korea, that took two weeks.

Yup, get electronic parts from China and Japan. Got them in a few weeks. Nothing over about $50, just to be safe. I also use PayPal and not a credit card -- again, better safe than sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiMaya View Post
    I bought an intricate wood carving from Indonesia a few years ago for about $70-80. The seller had a long, positive history with Ebay, so I felt confident. It took about two weeks to ship and came just as described. Since then I haven't purchased anything else, but I would do it again. Just be careful to check out the seller history, and consider how much you are spending in case you take a loss.
    I agree about checking the seller's history but I'd be wary of any seller with a 100% positive rating. I've had the experience with two sellers who had that rating and really screwed up my purchase. One seller sent me a Blu-ray player that broke ten minutes into the first play. He kept a positive rating because he gave me a refund and didn't ask me to return it. I was a little impressed even though it was a bad experience (had to dismantle it to get my disc out).

Another seller really screwed up, shipping me a different item than shown. It a was $400 sale. It was a huge hassle because he sent the wrong thing but he tried making it up to me by sending me free a bunch of stuff I didn't really need or want but I could tell he meant well.

I buy from people with less than 100% positive ratings now, hoping to avoid hassles. That's my Ebay strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I found this great school bag from Korea and I want to buy it
    A bag buying a bag; how ironic.

Tons of stuff from the East here, love it. Mostly China/HK, some Taiwan. China mail is much quicker than HK mail. If you want cheap and fast...look to Japan, super-speedy govt. subsidized mail there for your shopping needs. Never bought anything from Korea though.

I got some lithium batteries from Hong Kong and with the cheapest postage it took about three weeks. It takes that long to get things from Canada.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Western Europe. Shipping can be high at times, and the wait can be long.