Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vmi dealers create response program for vpg crisis

Vmi dealers create response program for vpg crisis

Now thats some funny shit, VMI is 'helping' in the 'crisis'. I don't think they'd want to sell some of their conversions would they? I guess AM General's statement of support on the VPG parts/support chain didn't alleviate this 'crisis'.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Now thats some funny shit, VMI is 'helping' in the 'crisis'. I don't think they'd want to sell some of their conversions would they? I guess AM General's statement of support on the VPG parts/support chain didn't alleviate this 'crisis'.
    Is it funny if you just bought a van and no one is willing to help you service it?

We've received a lot of positive responses to our willingness to help people with these.

Now mind you theres not much we can do to help by making parts that aren't available, like say a piece of glass for a broken window.

But i can help if your having ramp problems.

Or had a dealer sell you one but has no idea how to safely secure a wheelchair.

I wonder how many dealers there are that have these in stock and wont bother to tell you about the company closing.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Funny shit. Lets start with you guys are all in this for a profit. That is not a bad thing at all. The problem comes with what is called obscene profit. The service and we care for you thing seems to be a front for obscene profit. There's just no way a manufactured product ( wheel chairs, lifts, ramps, stair lifts) cost that much in my assumption. You can buy a car for 30 grand. A power chair can cost that much. You can buy a side by side 4 wheeler for 10 grand. A titanium wheel chair cost that much. Need I go on. You guys got a lock on the market with the ability to hold competition a bay thru you networks and structured fitting / service BS. The big manufactures don't see a market share so were stuck with OBSCENE PROFIT.

Why with todays technology some one has to make a vehicle to cut it apart is absurd. Just hope I can hobble along, long enough to get the real price for services along with all my other disabled brothers.

What is the profit margin on these product????

Furthermore.

Pretty sure that there are laws in place requiring that car manufacturers post bonds to cover monies provided to other parts manufacturers for the fabrication of replacement part in the event that a business goes under.

Maybe Oboma's fleecing of the American tax payer under the guise of a natural gas vehicle allowed VPG to manufacture without such a bond in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    Is it funny if you just bought a van and no one is willing to help you service it?

What is that, a Ford drivetrain? Come on now. And who was servicing them to begin with? I have yet to see a VPG dealership. Then again, all the VPG's I see are taxi fleet, so I think those are covered in-house. Add to the picture parts support from the contract mfr, AM General, I'm failing to see the 'CRISIS!!!'. If I am not mistaken this thing has all manual ramp operations, no forced-lowering suspension, etc.

I was commenting on the way this is a "CRISIS!!!!" per VMI. And the back patting in the text of that "Response Program"...to drum up business in a bottom-feeding sort of way. Too panic-striken IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Funny shit. Lets start with you guys are all in this for a profit. That is not a bad thing at all. The problem comes with what is called obscene profit. The service and we care for you thing seems to be a front for obscene profit. There's just no way a manufactured product ( wheel chairs, lifts, ramps, stair lifts) cost that much in my assumption. You can buy a car for 30 grand. A power chair can cost that much. You can buy a side by side 4 wheeler for 10 grand. A titanium wheel chair cost that much. Need I go on. You guys got a lock on the market with the ability to hold competition a bay thru you networks and structured fitting / service BS. The big manufactures don't see a market share so were stuck with OBSCENE PROFIT.

Why with todays technology some one has to make a vehicle to cut it apart is absurd. Just hope I can hobble along, long enough to get the real price for services along with all my other disabled brothers.

What is the profit margin on these product????
    A lot of things are obscene but profit is not one of them.

Cost of products, insurance and the amount of paperwork are obscene.

if profits were obscene i would had retired 20 years ago.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    What is that, a Ford drivetrain? Come on now. And who was servicing them to begin with? I have yet to see a VPG dealership. Then again, all the VPG's I see are taxi fleet, so I think those are covered in-house. Add to the picture parts support from the contract mfr, AM General, I'm failing to see the 'CRISIS!!!'. If I am not mistaken this thing has all manual ramp operations, no forced-lowering suspension, etc.

I was commenting on the way this is a "CRISIS!!!!" per VMI. And the back patting in the text of that "Response Program"...to drum up business in a bottom-feeding sort of way. Too panic-striken IMO
    Fair enough.

But how would you feel if you bought one of these last week and or worse this week?

All the people we've heard from (some bought the vans very recently) were happy to find someone local who was wiling to look at it and help them if they had a problem, question or needed additional modifications.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Blog Entries
    Wow, did everyone forget to take their meds today?

I'm with Jim, there is nothing wrong with advertising, and most of it contains hyperbole. I have to say that VMI builds an excellent and well thought out ramp/kneel system, and stand by their products. The last time I had a problem, I was about a month out of warranty, and they covered the repair anyway.

As far as obscene profits, there are a lot of companies that are making them, but not too many are involved in disability products. There is just no economy of scale possible in such a small consumer base.

Take a look at fashion clothing manufacturers if you want to point fingers.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    A lot of things are obscene but profit is not one of them.

Cost of products, insurance and the amount of paperwork are obscene.

if profits were obscene i would had retired 20 years ago.
    Don't know how to do this quote thing hope I have it right.

You play right into it my post that says there is nothing wrong with profit. You focus on the obscene profit comment but do not say that's not you.

Face it you have a vested interest in how the status quo of the handicap vehicle industry runs. Like the obscene profit and need to continue your business.