Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a mess in Oklahoma

What a mess in Oklahoma

Hope all those kids are OK. Most of the twisters hit out in the sticks, but not this one.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

It looks really, really bad.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

2 of my sisters and several other family members are in Moore Oklahoma. The rest of my family is in Tulsa Oklahoma. They are all accounted for but their friends and family members are not. It's very crazy there right now. Some things are starting to catch on fire and people are lost. It's an absolute nightmare.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

it was horrible, I just come in from mowing and watched it on tv...looks really bad.....prayers.......

I was injured in a tornado and my blood ran cold when I saw the video of that twister. I can't imagine the force of it. My heart goes out to all the residents of that area and all the loved ones trying to connect.

Those homes were leveled. It looks like an atomic blast.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

So so horrible, most did not stand a chance. And the children in the school.........heartbreaking!

According to CNN, the death toll has been lowered from 51 down to 24. Those people are an example of what preparedness is all about. The Red Cross reports that there is plenty of room in shelters because people have gone to friends or family members in the surrounding area. Most had an emergency plan. Even the stores have crisis plans to be able to meet critical needs in the aftermath. Initially at least the mayor was asking offers of help to hold off because they had plenty of first responders and needed people to stay out of they way. They are going to need a lot of help putting things back together in the longer term, but it seems like they learned a lot from their past experiences. The damage is horrendous and there are a lot of people suffering. Had they not been prepared, it likely would have been a lot worse. I know it would around here.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

The pics of the little kids being pulled out of the rubble; what a relief for their parents. Sad for the ones that lost their lives.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child