Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Icon may not like this post but!

Icon may not like this post but!

Bent axel, backrest lock bent, carbon fiber $675 option is carbon fiber covered plywood that is separating and to top it off, got hung up on when I called to complain. Lucky it's still under warranty. How about that Jeff!!!

I'm sure there's more to this story… Then you are posting.
    I'm sure if you approach Jeff and icon with the right attitude… They would be more than happy to make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeyboy1 View Post
    I'm sure if you approach Jeff and icon with the right attitude… They would be more than happy to make you happy.
    Ditto, everyone else has had nothing but positive glowing reviews when it comes to customer service. Are you sure someone hung up on you? Maybe the call got dropped. For some reason lately I'm having calls to social security drop. I thought they were hanging up on me at first since I'm not having any other calls drop, but its even happened when they called me and I answer and say hello and then it drops.

Is your chair a first run? I've seen lots of posts about Jeff swapping out parts from earlier runs as they fix problems they've run into. He's even swapped out parts for t8burst who purchased his icon secondhand. Jeff has posted his cell phone number here on the forum for people to call with problems, you should contact him directly if you're having issues on the phone with others.

(PS: Jeff, I REALLY REALLY think you should be at the chicago abilities expo )
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

You didn't get hung up on. Your cell phone was getting really bad reception - we even talked about that on our call.

The call dropped, and you didn't call back - when you use the 888 number, I can't see your number, so I had no way to call you.

I spoke with your dealer as well (who called about an hour before you did), and we ordered you the parts that you need - I thought he told me that you got hit by a car or had some kind of accident?

You bent one of your quick release axles, and one of your back wheels is apparently a write-off so this isn't likely normal "wear and tear" - I'm happy to speak to you at any time, and we'll get your chair back up and running as quick as we can.

Edit: your parts will be shipping today.

I think this thread is a major positive to Icon...

I would make a comment on the Original poster, but that would likely get me banned!
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakeyboy1 View Post

I agree
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I've had nothing but excellent customer service and assistance from Jeff & Co. They have made things right for me, even things that were absolutely not their fault.

Makes me wish I had one.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

There's a big thank you coming any day now...any day... any...
    And the truth shall set you free.

FYI, the CF seat isn't CF-covered plywood.

For starters, the laminate seat (which I'm sitting on) is very well-engineered.

From what I understand, the CF seat starts with a laminate base and essentially gets "windows" cut out of it, then has CF layered over top, which adds extra rigidity and covers the "windows" – and consequently shaves off a good amount of weight.

There's more to it than meets the eye. The engineering team behind Icon is pretty remarkable.