Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Me, my dog and the Jack knifed tractor trailer

So we went to DR wed, the drive was scary for me as we went by tractor tralier trucks,plus it was raining on n off. The cast is off,new xrays, dr was pleased with them, took out all but three stitches on the burst skin side. His incisions and holes for screws looked good. Dressing change 2x, have a great wound care nurse coming in.
    My Pt is working the good and bad leg/foot, foot is still swollen, tender and end of day painful. He is good.
    Back to DR in 3 weeks. This has been stressful for my husband and I. Yesterday was our 39 wedding aniversary too.
    Deep sigh.....

So the wound in my foot, the inside that busted open is taking forever to heal. It is a jagged ass tear and DR did his best to sew it up. His incision is all healed. Pt is coming along well, he is good and I am slowly getting better range of motion and movement. But by about 8 @ night after a full day and second dressing change the pain is excruiating enough to bring me to tears. Oxy works fine to al least put me to sleep.

Having good and bad days and my physical currency is is low these days.Counting down to two month mark (june 28th) when I can put weight on it. The walking boot is big, heavy and cumbersome, not sure how that will go cuz I already walk pretty screwed up.

My physical currency is is low these days too.

Wound a wound vac help? I know I had one and felt like Superwoman as far as healing time .. felt like it went 3x's as fast.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The waiting is the most horrible. I waited six months to weight bare after my heel flap.

Hang in there...hope you catch that second wind soon and feel better.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Wound a wound vac help? I know I had one and felt like Superwoman as far as healing time .. felt like it went 3x's as fast.
    I called and spoke DRs office/nurse. Dr did not recomend it, just a jagged torn up scar that will take its time healing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    The waiting is the most horrible. I waited six months to weight bare after my heel flap.

Hang in there...hope you catch that second wind soon and feel better.
    DD you are right, am I am going crazy at 5 weeks, cant imagine your 6 months. It is like a nightmare.
    I am alone most of day and going crazy, have to elavate foot every 2 hrs so I go to my bed. Cant go out, cant drive, I think I may loose whatever mind I have left.

Only thing going is I am on the other side of two months so its downhill from here.