Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: looking for a great place to stay in florida

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    just out of curiosity, what is considered "cold" in Florida?
    South florida really doesn't get to cold. You'll get a few cold nights in the low 40s by mid day it usually back to 60s. Acouple nights might get below 40 but don't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    holly shit tranquility bay is 533 per night. 2 bedroom units are the smallest. looking for something in the 200 per night range, lol. keep thoughts flowing foolish and everyone.
    If you want calm and perfect beaches and a slow pace. Go to the west side of Florida.

Sanibel Island is 1 of the “Top 10 Best Florida Beach Towns” according to USA Today. And our Sanibel Island Visitor’s Center was named the #1 attraction by Trip Advisor. Frommer’s Travel Guide ranked Sanibel Island the #1 top tourist destination. And the list just goes on and on… See for yourself. Come visit us and find out why Sanibel Island and Captiva Island are the perfect choices for your vacation whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a family trip or a nature vacation.
    Our islands provide for the perfect vacations. Enjoy 15 miles of unspoiled beaches, 22 miles of bike paths, 50 types of fish, 230 types of birds, 250 types of shells and 0 stop lights.

My most memorable trip to FL was to Key West's Ocean Key. Down right paradisal. Mmmmm..might just be time to go back...just missed the acoustic singer/songwriters fest at the Smokin' Tuna, though. There's always next year!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    South florida really doesn't get to cold. You'll get a few cold nights in the low 40s by mid day it usually back to 60s. Acouple nights might get below 40 but don't last long.
    http://www.srh.noaa.gov/media/key/Cl...01-Records.pdf

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    My most memorable trip to FL was to Key West's Ocean Key. Down right paradisal. Mmmmm..might just be time to go back...just missed the acoustic singer/songwriters fest at the Smokin' Tuna, though. There's always next year!
    Ocean Key has had a lot of renovations. Check to make sure construction isn't going to impact your visit. Don't think the property has any beach. Can't beat the location if you want to do Duval Street & Mallory Square. The HC suite with private balcony overlooking Mallory Square I booked for a staycation was pretty sweet.

http://www.oceankey.com/
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Ocean Key has had a lot of renovations. Check to make sure construction isn't going to impact your visit. Don't think the property has any beach. Can't beat the location if you want to do Duval Street & Mallory Square. The HC suite with private balcony overlooking Mallory Square I booked for a staycation was pretty sweet.

looks nice. tell me about the hc suite. roll in shower with wall bench? hows access out and about.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post

That's the kind of local info worth it's weight in gold!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    looks nice. tell me about the hc suite. roll in shower with wall bench? hows access out and about.
    Be lying if I told you I remembered the access particulars. I've stayed at a lot of places. Might have been a portable shower seat they brought up. Thinking back, may even have been a large room, rather than a suite. Do remember a large whirlpool tub that I didn't use. There was some onsite construction mess that made for chair detours going to/from room. Memories fade and merge. Just no problems, comfort and a good time. Check with local number inquiries. Neighborhood is good, safe and easy roll. But it's a party atmosphere.
    Foolish

Unfortunately, January is prime season for the Keys, you are gonna pay out the wazoo for most any place you stay that's worth a damn. I went thru the booking process for Ocean Key(I used 1/4-1/11), and the room:

Partial Oceanview Junior Suite ADA Compliant Roll In Shower: is $602/night, and if you want "free wifi in guest room and a daily newspaper" it's $709/night.

You gotta pay for warm weather in January.

Damn, time is flying, our 21st was yesterday, and almost 10 of them in a chair. I spent it in bed with an open sore again, wife said "worst anniversary ever".
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Have you considered a Caribbean cruise instead? You can usually get a nice one out of Florida in the winter for $125/person/day inclusive of meals , and there are a number of cruise ships which have very nice accessible cabins.

Try booking through www.cruisecompete.com

No smoking on the balcony or in the cabin on most though...some have a cigar lounge (indoor).

(KLD)