Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: extreme x8 4x4

Exclamation extreme x8 4x4

Should be getting one tomorrow to keep for a few weeks to test. I am super excited... and just in time for the remainder of turkey season. Can't wait to take it out in the woods to do some hunting!

Have fun. I demo'ed one years back when it was X4 and it is a beast. I wound up buying "little brother" X5 as it is more maneuverable and still has yet to get me stuck.

Take pics.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Got it today... it's definitely a beast. Really having trouble maneuvering it in the van to transfer to the driver's seat. If I can't figure that out, I'll have to look at something else. Maybe a bounder off road or the x5. This thing is DIFFICULT to steer and maneuver.

Pics! This thread is useless with pics!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Oh wow, yeah I didn't even consider trying to get that monster in my van. Definitely try out the X5 after this, it fits everywhere and it has gone everywhere I have asked it to.

The X5 turns on a dime, the X8 turns on a city block.

The thing I'm leary about with the x5 are the casters. They don't look very big. They don't get stuck on things? Looks to me like they wouldn't be able to go over small branches and the like.

Nope, they climb over things really well. I think the mfg claim is a 4" obstacle is doable, I have done bigger than that, as long as it is a round thing like a branch, not a flat surface like a straight curb. I almost high-sided myself by going over too big a branch and had to rock the chair to get fully over it.

The casters do a weird articulating thing that actually lift them up when you do a turn, it helps to get them out of the way.

All I can say is give it a shot.

I have the X8 and love it. You will learn how to maneuver better in it as time goes by. It's definitely not for indoor use, but it will do so much more than the x5. I demo'd the x5 and it was a great outdoor chair but could only do 1/2 of what the x8 can do. The x8 also can come with a loading wheel lock option, where the front wheels lock and allow you to maneuver it a lot better in a tight spot.

I got a turkey in it this year.....but also got stuck 3-4 times. I pushed the chair to the limit and overall was very impressed with the performance.

did it go threw that?? or did you need a push? haha