Thread: TMN robot

TMN robot

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or used one of these before? I've never seen anything like it. I wish it worked a little bit faster though. I also wonder how something like this would hold up in bad weather.

http://www.mobilityworks.com/tmn-robot.php

I looked into it, but its crazy expensive. And I was trying to find something to get through vocational rehabilitation. When I contacted the company this was the response:

While the cost of the Robot varies based on the application (it is a labor intensive installation and that varies dramatically based on the vehicle it is being installed into) it averages right around $20,000.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Just search in youtube for Abiloader or go to abiliquip.com

Quote Originally Posted by garilenic View Post
    Differentl. The result is more or less the same, but the robot (israel) uses robotics while the abiloader (uk) uses a series of actuators, so is less troublesome and cheaper. I don't know if the abiloader is sold in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I looked into it, but its crazy expensive. And I was trying to find something to get through vocational rehabilitation. When I contacted the company this was the response:

Wow, really? I was thinking it would be a cheaper option, because it would allow for such a wider range of vehicles. I’m shocked. It would’ve been great for some quads and for paras whose arm/hand strength has worn out over the years. That’s ridiculous. Never mind…lol

Quote Originally Posted by garilenic View Post

Thanks for the tip. I watched one video for the abiloader. It looks almost identical to the robot. I bet it is expensive too.
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 05-12-2013 at 08:01 AM.

We design and build Abiloaders in New Zealand not in UK! We sell them to UK and other Countries, and the biggest difference from the Robot is the simplicity and reliability of the Abiloader, and that is the main reason while all UK Companies shifted their sales towards the Abiloader only!
    To do the same job as the "robot" Abiloader uses only 3 motors, not 5 like in robot, and we don't use computer elements at all - so even if something goes wrong - any clever person can fix it on the spot!!!
    The price is still high because of the low volume of sales on the one hand and because it is still quite complicated to build and install on another hand.
    But based even only on my experience with the customers in New Zealand during the last 8 years if you compare the price of the Abiloader that gives you Complete independence without disassembling your wheelchair and saving your shoulders! and interior of the car, you can save in the long run tens if not hundreds of thousands dollars!
    And remember that the Abiloader is not just a hoist - as it opens and shuts a rear door of you station wagon as well as delivers the wheelchair to you in just 25-30 seconds, and it is lot cheaper then a van!!! and more economical to run!
    Any questions, email me to igor@abiliquip.com or support@abiliquip.com
    Or we have a lot off happy real customers that are ready to share their experience with the rest of the world!

My bad - Steering Developments is/were claiming responsibility, but it's not the first time

What do you mean by: - St. Developments claiming responsibilities?