Thread: 11 Years Today

Blog Entries

11 Years Today

Anniversary of my injury.
    That one day each year it's fair to turn to those who say to us to "get on with life" by prefacing it with a big "fuck off". If I want to feel flat out pissed off, and that I'm a miserable mostly c4/5, well then so be it. The truth is, life fucking sucks living with high paralysis and there's nothing, zero fucking nothing positive about this life, not the free time with family, not refocused lifestyle, not even that I survived as I look back at my shitty accident. Just 11 years of living day to day, not knowing what hell I'll face next, and how painful each hour is.
    Tomorrow, I'll paint that smile back on.

If I didn't have to work or take care of my condo on my own, I'd be soooo in the face of politicians like every day! I'd duct tape them to wheelchairs so they can't move their legs or trunk ... not sure how to replicate being a quad ... but make them live like that for 12hrs. They'd panic after just two.

You're still here. Find the reason. (Congrats on surviving regardless).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

i'm sorry for your struggles get it

Pax,

ket

I'm not a quad and cannot imagine what that is. What I am, and have tried to sell to my family, I cannot stand. I have said, ride around in this wheelchair for a few hours, and let's see what you think. I really think married people who end up in this, do a great job of the entire situation.. Somehow, what I read, is different. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Anniversary of my injury.
    That one day each year it's fair to turn to those who say to us to "get on with life" by prefacing it with a big "fuck off". If I want to feel flat out pissed off, and that I'm a miserable mostly c4/5, well then so be it. The truth is, life fucking sucks living with high paralysis and there's nothing, zero fucking nothing positive about this life, not the free time with family, not refocused lifestyle, not even that I survived as I look back at my shitty accident. Just 11 years of living day to day, not knowing what hell I'll face next, and how painful each hour is.
    Tomorrow, I'll paint that smile back on.
    You are entitled! I'll "celebrate" 45 years as a C4-5 next year. Nothing to actually celebrate, other then I am not dead yet! Docs thought I'd be dead by now. F them! I ain't stamped with an expiration date!

I have to be honest ... I really didn't think I'd see 40 still paralyzed.

I applaud you chris-k ... working and 45yrs post as a quad! I shouldn't whine when I have a bad day, lol.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I have to be honest ... I really didn't think I'd see 40 still paralyzed.
    I know, I know...

At 30 they (my doctors) said I'd be dead by 40. At 40, they said 50. Now, at 60, they say I could make 75! Holy crap! I'd have taken better care of myself if I had known that!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I applaud you chris-k ... working and 45yrs post as a quad! I shouldn't whine when I have a bad day, lol.
    We should all applaud each other! And just because I'm an old fart don't mean ya can't whine. I whine all the time, but da wife just ignores me .