Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: AB's using handicapped stalls

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post

One day when I have more time I'm going to suggest that they need to put a lock on the door and needed to be requested for use to higher ups.
    I'm sure this is just a joke, right???

Otherwise you'd be the only wheeler who ever used that pisser, cuz if I found a locked stall, I'd be super pissed, but I'd just never come back to that establishment. I would never assume that I had to ask for a key to take a leak, and if I found out that was the case... I'd never come back to that establishment.
    Last edited by funklab; 06-02-2015 at 07:43 AM.

There should be a sign next to where the door opens; If you are not handicapped please do not use this stall unless all others are occupied. I had to do this at work, and this is a SCI Research Center where everyone knows me. It worked.

How about a push button combination lock on the door or every HP stall with a universal access code that only Crips know, 666, the code of the devil
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I'm sure this is just a joke, right???

Otherwise you'd be the only wheeler who ever used that pisser, cuz if I found a locked stall, I'd be super pissed, but I'd just never come back to that establishment. I would never assume that I had to ask for a key to take a leak, and if I found out that was the case... I'd never come back to that establishment.
    At most establishment it would not be needed. Put the poker room I attend every time I go to use the restroom there is a 10 to 20 minute wait. So what would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    There should be a sign next to where the door opens; If you are not handicapped please do not use this stall unless all others are occupied. I had to do this at work, and this is a SCI Research Center where everyone knows me. It worked.
    I will suggest this first. see if it works.

We were recently at the Rolling Stones concert at Petco Park in San Diego. The wheelchair stalls are clearly marked with a sign that states something like: wheelchair users only, or reserved for handicapped. Well, my son went to use the men's room and there was an Ab person in the stall. The men's room was packed and some guy started yelling at the person in the handicapped stall telling him to get out! it was great! In the women's restroom there was a line and no one was using the handicapped stall! I hope in time, most people will come to respect the needs of the disabled. However, there will always be assholes!

It would be nice if they would make more than one stall for the handicapped users! Even if a few just had the bars, it would help. On a bad day I'm in a wheel chair, but on a good day, I might have my walker and not really need the larger stall, but still have to have the bars. I'm sure there are many other users that could get by in the smaller stalls if they just had the bars.

This seems to happen every time I fly and want to empty before boarding.
    I roll so my feet go under the door and ask the occupant how long they'll be. Usually I get cooperation. The one time I didn't I started an increasingly loud one sided dialogue that everyone in the room appreciated, ending with something like "you'd better be crippled when you come out of there motherfucker, or I'll put my castor up your ass!" I think the guy may still be hiding. Ever empty a leg bag into a urinal? Not pretty!

Constipated people always roost in the largest stall they can find. And a good percentage of the time they can't even bother themselves with flushing.

Last week, at an IHOP near Purdue University:

http://wlfi.com/2015/07/13/lafayette...space-at-ihop/

http://imgur.com/KPUQt9r

So my question is: Does there have to be a wheelchair sign on a pole in addition to the very obvious painting on the asphalt?