Thread: Need a Laugh?

Need a Laugh?

Get a kitten. Jack is now almost a year old and has had his first experience today with a lizard (maybe a salamander but who cares). We have these black and blue lizards that like to hang out on the south side of my brick house. Sometimes, they like to come into the house. This one found its way into the ancient light fixture in my living room. It is one of the 1970's deals. No recessed lights here as my aircraft electrician husband is afraid of trying to install them.

Any ways, I have no idea now lizzie got there but Jack likes to lay on the tray table of the standing frame (whether Ry is in it or not). The standing frame is in the living room beside the cat condo and almost under the light. Jack has gone nuts trying to brace himself on the ceiling beams and thinking about launching to the light fixture. I turned off the light to relax the lizard. When Tom got home, he used a latge clear plastic bag to cover the fixture (he is tall and using a step stool was able to reach it and remove the fixture without hurting the lizard and take it back outside.

I explained to Jack the cat that he had his chance as the lizard had to come up the steps, cross the floor, climb the wall and cross the ceiling to get to the fixture. I also told the cat the lizards are like toads in that they eat bugs and we like them.

The cat knows his function is exterminator. He eliminated the mice in my house in less than three days when I got him in December (after having to put Spot down due to illness). He kills flies and beetles that find their way in but is so funny to watch.

Right now, he is in the back of the shower supervising Ry's shower. I guess he believes that the water is attaching Ryan but that is where he stays while Ry showers. He comes out wet, Ry is clean and Jack believes his job is successfully done. He plays soccer with a wad of paper and chases the pomeranian dog that Chris (big brother), Angela and Matthew travel with. The only fear he has is of Matthew (2 year old). Too funny.--eak
    Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
    mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
    Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

Both the lizard and the kitty sound super cute!

Jack is getting a little sister tomorrow. He is so attached to me that I call him my right cheek pain in the butt. Ry being the left cheek at times. His brother actually got returned to the shelter because he was too needy. Ry wanted me to adopt him too but I knew the last thing I need is two needy ones. Tom and I have a CA king sized bed and Jack manages to takes more of it than we do.

He is cute and sweet and very well mannered. He has never clawed my furniture, only uses his box and has no desire to sneak outside. I do not want him outside as there are literally wild things out there that can hurt him, not the mention the fleas and ticks.

Tom does not know about the little sister yet. We have talked about it and Tom agrees Jack needs a sibling (only child issues). I saw on the new that the city shelter is having a sale on cats and kittens through Sunday and I can get his sibling for 1/10 of what I paid for him. The $10 adoption fee includes spaying and chipping as well as age appropriate shots and vet clearance. I tried to get Ry to go with me but he is having isolation issues. He does not want to leave the yard and deal with the public. I think I am going to have to resort to withhold chicken parm (his favorite meal) for outings.--eak
    Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
    mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
    Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09