Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iowa cheerleader paralyzed in mva

iowa cheerleader paralyzed in mva

http://screen.yahoo.com/iowa-teen-ne...000930003.html

I don't know if ppl posted on this before or if she has been to this site, but I thought it worth posting. just saw it today on yahoo.

Whatsa matter never spent any time in IA before?

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    Whatsa matter never spent any time in IA before?
    I grew up in iowa. left for grad school at age 22. what's your point? have driven back from WA many times, just me and my little boy (am c7) and encountered deer on numerous times. again, what's your point? I gotta say, patton, your response not only sounded stupid but pissed me off. hey, patton, driven much xc as a c7?? or ab?? that's not why I posted this. also, in outback in aussie. roos there. again, what is your point?
    Last edited by cass; 04-23-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Okay, I rolled into that one. I was slamming Iowa for its conservative almost backward way of thinking about many things. In particular, I was attacking the idea that if you just believe, have enough faith and try hard enough you can beat a sci.

I apologize for my skimming the article and not discerning all that I should have. Sincerely
    Last edited by Patton57; 04-23-2013 at 05:58 AM.

ok, patton. I apologize. gotta admit, that was basically my response too. but, I don't believe in robbing hope or giving false hope. so, I was sharing a story. again, sorry for jumping on you. I ignored the if you believe shit. lol, who here wouldn't?

as for iowa....ummm...heh heh, who authored the ADA? and what university did wise go to? ok ok...you get my point.
    Last edited by cass; 04-23-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    ok, patton. I apologize. gotta admit, that was basically my response too. but, I don't believe in robbing hope or giving false hope. so, I was sharing a story. again, sorry for jumping on you.
    No problem! My attitude has probably been slipping a little lately and it never hurts to be kept in check.

Iowa has some of the best horizons I've ever seen.

my attitude, too, actually is in the toilet due to my increased pain. which is even why i'm online 3:30 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    my attitude, too, actually is in the toilet due to my increased pain. which is even why i'm online 3:30 a.m.
    SCI's are still happening everyday to all kinds of people.

Sorry that pain is keeping you up Cass. You ever tried medical marijuna? I work with some pretty classy people who you would never think of as marijuana smokers but they have some physical issues and a MM card because they take doses of marijuna as a tincture, truffle or muffin.

My wife is killing me with the Faith heals stuff, killing me. And FWIW I do pary mediatae and ask for whatever help I might get but get tired of I'm not praying or asking with true faith in my heart.

And her approach to Central Pain is after almost 13 years of it figure out how to deal with it and worry about bigger things DOH

fuck my life

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBiker View Post
    SCI's are still happening everyday to all kinds of people.

Sorry that pain is keeping you up Cass. You ever tried medical marijuna? I work with some pretty classy people who you would never think of as marijuana smokers but they have some physical issues and a MM card because they take doses of marijuna as a tincture, truffle or muffin.
    my pcp asked if I was interested in pill form. I wasn't at the time but am gonna ask more about it. not interested in other forms cause I don't like them (nothing against them, they just didn't physically agree w/me). I hear the pill form has no side effects...anybody know?