Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fes Bike

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    Why do you say they didn't work? Could you be a little more specific?
    Sitting in my chair caused me to have spasms due to the angle, which results in my chair wanting to tip over. You have to kinda sit on the front edge of your chair so you can pedal without it hittng the footrest, which also made it really uncomfortable. While it saves space with something like the RTI, a built-in seat is so much better and safer, IMO. I had the same problems using the Rand arm/leg cycle and went with a NuStep for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    Sitting in my chair caused me to have spasms due to the angle, which results in my chair wanting to tip over. You have to kinda sit on the front edge of your chair so you can pedal without it hittng the footrest, which also made it really uncomfortable. While it saves space with something like the RTI, a built-in seat is so much better and safer, IMO. I had the same problems using the Rand arm/leg cycle and went with a NuStep for the same reasons.
    Who set it up for you? If it's set up properly and the stim is done at appropriate levels, you shouldn't have to sit on the edge of your chair or be at risk of tipping back. Was it the stim that caused the spasms, and not necessarily the angle?

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    Getting a drs prescription wouldn't be an issue. How much more powerful is a FES bike vs a muscle stim? I have this one http://www.neurocare.com I also have the SCI Fit 2 Pro bike. http://scifit.com/proseries/pro2.shtml
    I don't know about other FES bikes but the RTI bike can pump more voltage deeper into the muscle than any other standalone muscle stim unit. They actually are capable of the most powerful settings allowed by the FDA.

How do you like the SCI FIT 2 pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Why not just buy a used Stimmaster or Ergys 2? I've seen them selling really cheap on the Classified sections, I saw one Stimmaster selling for 1000 bucks, that's a deal.
    I've never thought of that. I didn't know you could get one for that cheap. I just don't want to waste my money and then it stop working like a month later.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I would recommend trying these units first. Some hospitals have them and then specialty gyms. I have used the Ergys, RTI and stimmaster. For ME the RTI worked best as far as the estim keeping my legs going. At the gym I tried it at, there seemed to be a definite split with people, some people worked better with the Ergys and some with the RTI.

Not being biased, but RTI shows you when the motor is pushing and how much. The old RTI display is way better and more useful than the Ergys display. I haven't seen the New RTI display, but seeing as it's a larger display I can only see it being an improvement.