Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which specific model chairs for EZ-lock?

Which specific model chairs for EZ-lock?

Looking through the models, I'm not seeing many higher end frames that look
    EZ lock ready.

Can any offer input on this? Any Tilite or Quickie models?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Found some Tilite models that accept. Some are discontinued.

TiLite 2GX
    TiLite Aero R
    TiLite Aero X
    TiLite EVO
    TiLite SX
    TiLite TX
    TiLite YGS

Guess it will be the Aero R for me.
    And the truth shall set you free.

I was told they could add it to my one year old Invacare FDX. I haven't done it yet because I use an older chair when I go out in my van.

If you haven't purchased the EZ Lock yet, check out the QLK-150 here. The switch and advanced stabilizer are worth any up-charge, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    If you haven't purchased the EZ Lock yet, check out the QLK-150 here. The switch and advanced stabilizer are worth any up-charge, IMO.
    Looks exactly like my 10 year old EZ-Lock (http://ezlock.net/)? What is the difference?

Ez lock bracket

I have a Ez lock bracket..came of my Permobil C500 2010 model..selling for $250..louie0611@aol.com
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Sorry..thought I started my own thread..please disregard
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Quote Originally Posted by chris-k View Post
    Looks exactly like my 10 year old EZ-Lock (http://ezlock.net/ What is the difference?
    Hi Chris,

Yeah the base looks pretty much the same. The insides are a little different with an edge to the QLK-150, IMO. The best parts are the "Flexible Dash Control" which is a thin piece that is the switch for the lock that doesn't even require screws. Compare that dash control to EZLOCK's. The other is the "Advanced Stabilizer Mount" that attaches directly to the QLK-150 and doesn't need a separate stabilizer bar. My dealer said it probably saved him over an hour during installation.

Go here and click on the "Parts" tab. The parts I've mentioned above are QS99027 and QS99007. I've had mine for a couple of weeks and love it.

Hi Chris,

Yeah the base looks pretty much the same. The insides are a little different with an edge to the QLK-150, IMO. The best parts are the "Flexible Dash Control" which is a thin piece that is the switch for the lock that doesn't even require screws. Compare that dash control to EZLOCK's. The other is the "Advanced Stabilizer Mount" that attaches directly to the QLK-150 and doesn't need a separate stabilizer bar. My dealer said it probably saved him over an hour during installation.

Go here and click on the "Parts" tab. The parts I've mentioned above are QS99027 and QS99007. I've had mine for a couple of weeks and love it.
    Thanks Davey! I'm looking to buy a new van in the near future and I will definitely look into the QLK-150.

I went from a full size van with tie-downs to a mini-van with an EZ-Lock over 12 years ago and it was such a big improvement! Especially for my wife who absolutely hates tie-downs!

The "Advanced Stabilizer Mount" sounds like another improvement, but since I don't drive I'm not sure it matters.

Hi Chris,

We've done a few QLK-150's, they were alright but nothing special.

Iv'e been putting in Ez-Lock's for around 25 years and put a lot of them in.

As to the stabilizer bar it might save you some time on a few wheelchairs, then not fit under others at all.

I've seen power wheelchairs that scrape the paint off the top of a Ez-Lock and doubt a QLK-150 and the stabilizer bar would fit.

We'll be sticking with Ez-Locks.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA