Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Pain Killer....

Looking for a Pain Killer....

I play wheelchair basketball and I need to stop smoking weed. I have chronic muscle and nerve pain. Playing basketball does help my pain but not all of it. I'm looking for a god pain killer that won't affect me mentally or physically.

What are my options?
    Never Give Up!

Tylenol or Advil are good pain relievers that have almost no side effects if you take them as directed.
    Unfortunately- the meds that are used for nerve pain have side effects that don't fit your criteria of not affecting you mentally or physically. Anticonvulsant meds like Gabapentin and pregabulin, opiates, tricyclic antidepressants, SNRIs like cymbalta, they all have side effects that are primarily CNS or 'mental'.
    Good luck with your search.

I had the same problem with pain. The pain meds side effects were not acceptable. It got to a point where surgery seemed the best option for me. I don't know if that's the case for you. It depends on how bad your pain is. Surgery on the spinal cord is one option. A pain pump is another option.

if marijuana worked for you but you need to quit combusting it for health reasons then why not look at a vaporizer, this is what I use, no carcinagins from combustion , just the healthy natural benefits, you will use approx. 1/2 the weed for the same results, it is easy to regulate the amount needed, no smell, get a portable and use it anytime anywhere you need to medicate. This is the only pain relief I use. Lots of info online, Good luck Bill

I went through the drugs for neuro pain and went to pot, because of the side effects. But I hear ya about not wanting to smoke all the time. Pot has lots of side effects, and it builds up in your system. It would be great to find something else to trade off with every once in a while, good luck. At least with pot you don't have to go through withdrawals each time you switch, like you do with everything else I've tried.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I just bought a small one, a Pax. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by willvape View Post
    if marijuana worked for you but you need to quit combusting it for health reasons then why not look at a vaporizer, this is what I use, no carcinagins from combustion , just the healthy natural benefits, you will use approx. 1/2 the weed for the same results, it is easy to regulate the amount needed, no smell, get a portable and use it anytime anywhere you need to medicate. This is the only pain relief I use. Lots of info online, Good luck Bill
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Also, Tramadol works well for me, and it doesn't mess with your head. If anything it gives me more energy and is the only pain med that truly works on my pain, albeit not much. But it helps.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Also, Tramadol works well for me, and it doesn't mess with your head. If anything it gives me more energy and is the only pain med that truly works on my pain, albeit not much. But it helps.
    I tried that once but I don't remember how it worked.
    Never Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by willvape View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love smoking pot. I love how it gets rid of pain in minutes sometimes seconds. But I need to stop for the moment because I want to play basketball for Team Canada. Pot is not allowed.
    Never Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love smoking pot. I love how it gets rid of pain in minutes sometimes seconds. But I need to stop for the moment because I want to play basketball for Team Canada. Pot is not allowed.
    Have you tried any of the non drug alternative's, Like meditation, positive thinking, or bio feedback? I've had sum luck with the first two, and wonder how well the bio feedback works. Unlike a lot of the drugs, it can't hurt to try.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old