Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proyecto volver a caminar(project back walking)

Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Which therapies they are involved? Stem cells or with combination?
    Impossible to tell since they are in phase 1 and only going through past research. They have made one clinic trial before with injection of stem cells.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Here some info on Dr. Jordi Valles Ortega. Make your own conclusions.
    http://es.linkedin.com/in/jvallesortega

Hi! Well, sorry for not being here before everyone.

There's not much I can tell besides what's on the website for now. We are working on renewing the main website (including english), as well as airing our fundraising platform so more people can use it and we can get the family bigger and stronger.
    Everything takes a lot of work and we can't leave our events behind too much since it's how we are raising money, the fuel of this endeavour. Hopefully everything will be up and in english soon enough.

About the science, again not much I can tell right now as it's being defined as I type this. We'll be running some proof of concept in animals as soon as possible with the best there is in the field. If it succeeds as expected it'll be tried out on people. No delays.

Dr. Jordi has been working in different kinds of research outside the SCI field and has become tired to see how much it takes to get solutions to the patients, if it ever does. He's very passionate about what the research is really about: curing people. We specifically looked for someone with his kind of attitude and also someone who had never worked in SCI. Why in the hell you may ask? Well, personal/scientific bias is the last nightmare you want in a multi-variable project such as this one.

We are in the "cure" race not in the "waiting" one, and I hope you are too.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

interesting

Sounds like a perfect attitude! Hope you don't cheat with the injury models.
    Thanks for your post, seems like it's in Spain stuff really is happening.

Some fresh eyes sounds great in this kind of project, not stuck in old approaches and with no personal pride to protect. Keep up the good work!
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Hi! Well, sorry for not being here before everyone.

There's not much I can tell besides what's on the website for now. We are working on renewing the main website (including english), as well as airing our fundraising platform so more people can use it and we can get the family bigger and stronger.
    Everything takes a lot of work and we can't leave our events behind too much since it's how we are raising money, the fuel of this endeavour. Hopefully everything will be up and in english soon enough.

About the science, again not much I can tell right now as it's being defined as I type this. We'll be running some proof of concept in animals as soon as possible with the best there is in the field. If it succeeds as expected it'll be tried out on people. No delays.

Dr. Jordi has been working in different kinds of research outside the SCI field and has become tired to see how much it takes to get solutions to the patients, if it ever does. He's very passionate about what the research is really about: curing people. We specifically looked for someone with his kind of attitude and also someone who had never worked in SCI. Why in the hell you may ask? Well, personal/scientific bias is the last nightmare you want in a multi-variable project such as this one.

We are in the "cure" race not in the "waiting" one, and I hope you are too.
    Problem is that there is very little to be translated into clinical trials about chronic SCI because basic research is set on acute.. at the meeting in Barcelona in April dr. Jordi could realize that for sure.
    I think that if we don't get researchers to focus on chronic SCI we won't get out of chairs in 50 years.

What does dr. Jordi thinks about that?

Paolo
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 06-07-2013 at 06:37 AM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Some fresh eyes sounds great in this kind of project, not stuck in old approaches and with no personal pride to protect.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Problem is that there is very little to be translated into clinical trials about chronic SCI because basic research is set on acute
    There's enough chronic work to keep us busy

Of course, the more the better.

PS: BTW, I guess the english name of the project would be something like "Walk again", but don't quote me on that.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Problem is that there is very little to be translated into clinical trials about chronic SCI because basic research is set on acute.. at the meeting in Barcelona in April Jody could realize that for sure.
    I think that if we don't get researchers to focus on chronic SCI we won't get out of chairs in 50 years.

What does Jody think about that?

Paolo
    Where you there? Who is Jody?