Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Air Gauge for Roho by John Crow

Hey air ohs, how are things working with your gauge ? you do need to be sitting, think we've talked via email.

I've put together a gauge designed for use by someone with the use of their hands, where a quad has a caregiver to help, the "para" version allows the gauge to be in your lap, yep, a para can use the gauge and pump right there in your lap, if I were a para think I'd want one.

sure would have, if you're not happy with the cushion you're on now, my gauge allows you to be on top of the volume of air in your ROHO.

mapping is great, if you have a gauge while being mapped you catch the PSI you need to maintain. right now I could open my valve a let the cushion go flat, put air back in and use the gauge to set the volume of air exactly back to what it was, volume/psi same thing here.

anyone interested look at my FaceBook page - My Booty Buddy, have 3 gauges ready to ship.

Interesting info.
    I may have to get one.
    I also wonder about what happens when you fly. I think cabin pressure is the same as 6-8000 feet elevation. 7,000 feet is ~11psi, about 75% of sea level.
    I can tell you that when I vented my Roho that was under me in the plane, the thing was turgid!
    I wonder how much pressure differential one can take before it rips the bottom apart where the cells are delineated?

Blog Entries
    If you are flying with a Roho, just bring the pump & gauge with you and deflate to .55 psi when you are halfway to altitude and again at altitude. Pump it back up when you get to the ground. in my experience, the psi will always work, no matter the altitude, just keep adjusting. A few years ago, we left Rapid City, SD - driving southwest to Custer - and when I got to Hill City, the roho was hard as a rock. The views were so great that I forgot all about my poor butt.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Interesting info.
    I may have to get one.
    I also wonder about what happens when you fly. I think cabin pressure is the same as 6-8000 feet elevation. 7,000 feet is ~11psi, about 75% of sea level.
    I can tell you that when I vented my Roho that was under me in the plane, the thing was turgid!
    I wonder how much pressure differential one can take before it rips the bottom apart where the cells are delineated?
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by crowmagnum View Post
    sure would have, if you're not happy with the cushion you're on now, my gauge allows you to be on top of the volume of air in your ROHO.
    Is there any chance I could buy that gauze. Sorry if you already received this request. Trying to connect with you. Therese

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I just bought another one of these gauges from John. Used it for many years but my caregiver broke old one. Has facebook at My Booty Buddy.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Can you tell me how I can communicate with you about it? Thanks. Therese