Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: Air Gauge for Roho by John Crow

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb John Crow's Pressure Gauge.

    Thanks for sharing the tip on John Crow's Pressure Gauge for ROHO cushions.
    http://www.precisecushionair.com/Home.html

    I have been using ROHO cushions since 1980. I briefly made a mistake switching to jell one, but quickly returned to the black eggs nest.
    The hand palm insertion between cushion and buttucks technique is a guessing Russian roulette at gauging adequate air pressure. Our ROHO cushion Air pressure is affected by temperature and atmospheric pressure.
    Under cold temperatures, the pressure inside the cushion decreases offering less support. Under warm/hot temperatures, the pressure inside the cushion increases offering more support of what might be beneficial.
    Under lower atmospheric pressure, the pressure inside the cushion decreases offering less support.
    Under higher atmospheric pressure, the pressure inside the cushion increases offering more support of what might be beneficial.

    I read couple of postings about the need to have a pressure map conducted before using John Crow's Pressure Gauge. I do ask, why is that necessary?

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CubanQuad68 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the tip on John Crow's Pressure Gauge for ROHO cushions.
    http://www.precisecushionair.com/Home.html

    I have been using ROHO cushions since 1980. I briefly made a mistake switching to jell one, but quickly returned to the black eggs nest.
    The hand palm insertion between cushion and buttucks technique is a guessing Russian roulette at gauging adequate air pressure. Our ROHO cushion Air pressure is affected by temperature and atmospheric pressure.
    Under cold temperatures, the pressure inside the cushion decreases offering less support. Under warm/hot temperatures, the pressure inside the cushion increases offering more support of what might be beneficial.
    Under lower atmospheric pressure, the pressure inside the cushion decreases offering less support.
    Under higher atmospheric pressure, the pressure inside the cushion increases offering more support of what might be beneficial.

    I read couple of postings about the need to have a pressure map conducted before using John Crow's Pressure Gauge. I do ask, why is that necessary?
    Pressure mapping reveals where you exert pressure on your cushion. The tech who is doing the mapping can adjust pressure in the cushion and see how these adjustments change the pressure forces, thus establishing the proper amount of air in the cushion for you. When the mapping is complete, the gauge can be attached and it measures the air pressure. That is your "sitting number" (kind of like the sleep number bed commercials). This makes it quick and easy to check and maintain the air pressure in your cushion on a daily or weekly basis.

    All the best,
    GJ

  3. #13
    i have tried my best to get my hmo/insurance to pay for me to get mapped but no luck. they don't see the big picture. also, even though the roho is working so good i am keeping 1 supracor contour and the supracor classic. i hate the roho but need it to heal the sore. after i'm satisfied the sore is a done deal i plan to sit on the contour or classic 2 times a week. after 5 years of mostly in bed my body is crooked as a
    politician. those two cushions force me to sit strait even when tired. i check rear -very- close. i exercise until i can not lift my arms and drink tons of protien. signs of progress are scary fast. doing it on my own as insurance pays for therapy but it's like waiting for christmas. at 55 i have new outlook on life. donnie wyatt

  4. #14
    I just ordered one of the John Crow pressure gauges. How long did you have to wait for delivery? Just curious. Thanks

    Keith
    T-10 Paraplegic since September 1994 - Transverse Myelitis

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamel View Post
    I just ordered one of the John Crow pressure gauges. How long did you have to wait for delivery? Just curious. Thanks

    Keith
    delivery was quick. he had some already made. i payed with paypal and he shipped after funds showed up. i think you will like it for peace of mind. donnie wyatt

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    382
    Am I correct in assuming this would NOT work with a Quadtro?
    E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    Am I correct in assuming this would NOT work with a Quadtro?
    It does work with the Quadtro. You just need to open the valve to set the pressure then re-lock.

  8. #18
    Senior Member chris-k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    I have one and it works great. About every 2 to 3 weeks we pump up the cushion, zero the gauge, measure the air presure and reset my cushion to where I like it.
    Sounds a lot like having sex .

    I had pressure mapping done a few years ago and went from a low profile (4 inch) to a high profile (6 inch) ROHO on my new chair. The exact inflation pressure seems to matter less with the high profile cushion.

  9. #19
    Senior Member McDuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas area, Tx
    Posts
    3,457
    Just a fyi; the Roho Low pro is 2" and the High pro is 4", they also have a 3" now.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

  10. #20
    I wonder if John Crow is still producing the pressure valves. I sent him an email and it kicked back as undeliverable. I left a phone message today I hope I hear from him. I ordered it through his website and the money has gone unclaimed per PayPal. Just thought I would let you guys know.
    T-10 Paraplegic since September 1994 - Transverse Myelitis

Similar Threads

  1. Pressure gauge for roho
    By Ironside in forum Equipment
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-31-2015, 05:27 PM
  2. Air Cushion Pressure Gauge
    By HR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 06:57 PM
  3. Pressure gauge for Roho cushions?
    By forestranger52 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 07:37 PM
  4. What is stainless steel sink gauge ?
    By jschism in forum Housing and Home Design
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •