Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Air Gauge for Roho by John Crow

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Can do it here or send a PM. John explains everything on his facebook page.

You can send a private message to any member by clicking on their name and a box comes up with a private message line.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-19-2015 at 07:07 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Does anybody know if John is still around and if he is still producing the pressure gauges? I just sent him a message on Facebook but obviously haven't heard anything back as of yet.

John has not been on our CC Forums since 2014. There has been no activity on his FB page "My Booty Buddy" since 2012. I fear he may have passed away since his e-mail address and website are no longer functional either.

(KLD)

I've got the design components of a pressure gauge that you can easily source and assemble (I believe it was John who sent it to me some years back). I'll be happy to share it with anyone who would like to see it - just email me at tom.borcherding@permobil.com. I do need to make the disclaimer that this is not an accessory offered by ROHO so I am only sharing the information and not endorsing the functionality or accuracy of the product.

The pressure gauge should really act exactly the same as the one that you use to test car tyres. All you need to know is if the pressure of the cushion changes from your initial setup. I don't think the Roho uses the same valve as a car tyre, quite sure that somebody could adapt a car pressure tire gauge to fit a Roho.

I would like to go one further and actually design a pressure gauge that would give you an audible warning if the pressure of the cushion drops dramatically. I've actually been the victim not once, but twice of a cushion that has suddenly lost pressure during the day and left me with a pressure sore. Thankfully, both occasions were not serious, but it still meant a couple of weeks in bed each time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    The pressure gauge should really act exactly the same as the one that you use to test car tyres. All you need to know is if the pressure of the cushion changes from your initial setup. I don't think the Roho uses the same valve as a car tyre, quite sure that somebody could adapt a car pressure tire gauge to fit a Roho.

I would like to go one further and actually design a pressure gauge that would give you an audible warning if the pressure of the cushion drops dramatically. I've actually been the victim not once, but twice of a cushion that has suddenly lost pressure during the day and left me with a pressure sore. Thankfully, both occasions were not serious, but it still meant a couple of weeks in bed each time..
    Tire pressure gauges are usually in pounds per square inch PSI, I'd think you'd need a gauge that would measure in ounces per square inch, OSI? Roho cushions just don't weigh very much, maybe 4-5 pounds, inflated.

I think I have found the main components to make one of these pressure gauges. All that is needed is a blood pressure gauge which can then be butchered in order to make it work with the Roho

https://www.medisave.co.uk/standard-...manometer.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    I think I have found the main components to make one of these pressure gauges. All that is needed is a blood pressure gauge which can then be butchered in order to make it work with the Roho

https://www.medisave.co.uk/standard-...manometer.html
    Try this, it has the stethoscope included https://www.medisave.co.uk/aneroid-s...dle-p-443.html

That looks like just the ticket to read air pressure and at a fraction of the cost of the smart check which is just a light and isn't meant to be attached to the cushion the whole time.