Thread: Ford's new B-Max compact MPV

Ford's new B-Max compact MPV

Watching this video made me think I'd want to see this car in person before ever buying another car. Talk about potential for being wheelchair friendly . . . WOW!

Does anyone know when it will be available in the USA? Has anyone in Europe seen one yet?

Fordbmax.com
    Ford.co.uk/b-max
    autocar.co.uk . . . review
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Looks to me like there's just not enough room to pull in a chair without the wheels removed like I can with my Mazda5. If you have to break down the chair anyway there are much cooler cars..
    (currently in lust with the new VW GTI)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 05-03-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Right-size photo

The interior appears to have some rear-seat options that are friendlier than those in the above photo. I forget on which site I saw that though.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Does anyone know when it will be available in the USA? Has anyone in Europe seen one yet?
    Yes I tried it and found that this design without a pillar between front and rear doors does not work for me because when I lift my wheelchair I need support from the pillar to be able to bend over and grab the chair.
    I much prefer the Ford C-Max or Mazda 5.

It says it has a 1.5m opening, so about 4 1/2 foot room. Looking at my kitchen tiles and where I would expect the front seat to be...yeah, not much room behind the seat to stow a wheelchair. Unless you are really small...

Great feedback. Thanks.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Too bad the 2014 Transit Connect kept the B pillar. With the extra size, that could have had potential. Not bad looking either.

Interesting car. Cant wait to see if the speedy lift can fit with a rear seat removed. I have a Mazda 5 with the speedy lift and im in and out of the car in seconds.